Driver/Timing side oil leak

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Welp , here we go again. 1999 LX Sedan F23A1 5MT.

I drove this thing over 150 miles(with Bardahls no smoke in oil) to see a DB2 that wanted to trade.I had no issues there , or while he was test driving the car. I drove it home with the oil light coming on , I would turn the car off and coast in neutral so the car could cool down and that way no oil could be burning.

Got home put a quart in and left it. Started it 3 days later and it started puking oil on the driver side. I thought it was the balance shaft seal due to excessive oil pressure from the additive.

I took the upper timing cover off and didn't see the seal popped out. However , I started the car and saw oil lubing that , and dripping down and onto some other bolt/shaft underneath of it.

I can't tell where it is leaking exactly. The pics I took aren't the greatest seeing as i could barely fit my phone down there, and lighting is inadequate even with a flood light , and or phone flash.

On the bright side, the T-belt looks good lol....

Sino

Reaction score
When I started my engine after the machine shop had put in seals the cam seal pissed out oil. It's not too hard to have the lip of the seal roll on installation. Clean up the oil as much as you can and if you can have someone else start the car you can try and see where the oil is coming out of before it gets tossed around onto everything.

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Just wanted to update this. I traded the car for a 95' accord coupe with a H22A and have been going thru getting it running instead, to swap into my 91' accord. I did, however,get another 6th gen.. grabbed a 2002 accord ex coupe v6. I bought it cheap with a trashed transmission. I rebuilt the transmission, as well as the whole suspension, brakes, did the timing belt water pump VC gaskets etc. just a major tune up, trans is still strong 30k miles later! I will have to post pictures of it.

Back