Illuminated windows and mirror switches button

cg4ever

Reaction score
This is something i would really have like to have in our 6th gen. I like how in my brother Mercedes the switches are illuminated in the door panels. It give a nice "cockpit" feel.

The other thing is that i'm always using my mirros when parking to avoid hitting my wheels but at night it's sometimes tricky to found that tiny mirror switch and i'm like, damn Honda why did you not illuminated those switches..!

I saw a owner putting some night glow decals sticker in the switches, it's an alternative but i'm not sure were it will look homogeneous as the rest of the illuminated buttons.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
FNCONE took the switchgear from an RL which is illuminated, might be pics in his thread.

cg4ever

Reaction score
I've been searching through his threads but can't found anything related to this.. won't you mind to post a link please ?

SergA73

Reaction score
ncAAAgPiquA-960.jpg
MWAAAgBSquA-960.jpg

cg4ever

Reaction score
Cool. Is there any write-up for this mod?

I still have to install my illuminated windows switches and illuminated mirror switch. I think but not sure that for the windows doesn't require any mod, should be plug'n'play but to be confirmed by someone with better knowledge. The mirror one instead need some rewiring for sure. Don't recall having seen a write-up mod for the illuminated mirror switch.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Unless you have a 4 door, wouldn't it only be 2 door switches on drivers side and the mirror adjustment? I spent a lot of time on my LED conversion and though fun, I wouldn't do it again. Seems like a lot of work for minimal differences. I would rather get a nicer headunit with a screen and add a back up camera, especially if you have to run any wires through the rubber harness protector thing, but even in the door, I don't want more wire to worry about when removing the door panel.

statuskuo

Reaction score
I still have to install my illuminated windows switches and illuminated mirror switch. I think but not sure that for the windows doesn't require any mod, should be plug'n'play but to be confirmed by someone with better knowledge. The mirror one instead need some rewiring for sure. Don't recall having seen a write-up mod for the illuminated mirror switch.

Hey cg4ever, not sure if you got this figured out yet but for the window switches on my sedan I had to use the button caps and LEDs from a TL and use the same board from the Accord. The TL board did not work since there's memory seats, heated mirror and other misc stuff linked to it and is considered another multiplexer. What you have to do is to desolder the led and resistor from the TL board (or get new 3mm LEDs and the right resistor size) and solder it on your Accord board. There are holes and markings on it already. Since the switches do not have a light window, you'd have to use the switch caps from the TL. You just have to pull it really hard up and it'll snap off. In your case it might be all CL stuff but the same idea. The "AUTO" button is a bit more yellow so if you plan on doing white LEDs keep that in mind. The buttons will come on as soon as your windows are active with ignition. The passenger side was plug and play for me. If you use the window lock, the lights will turn off on the switches.

I am looking into getting some illuminated mirror switches and I heard the ones from the first generation CRV and some generation civics work so I'll update when I do this. Right now I'm in the middle of several projects so it'll take some time.

Hope this helps.

Back