Eibach Prokit vs Sportline Springs

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Softest full coilovers for this car are from Tein, might be worth a look if you can get them there. If you are wanting the most OEM like ride, that is.

cg4ever

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback guys, very helpful. As for oem comfort i realize it won't be the same but i just want something pleasant to drive without being harsh nor bouncy.

As for the Tein i indeed read good things about them and their comfort being close to oem, but unfortunately same problem as tanabe, no tuv certification.

I think i'm going to give the k-sport a chance but i have some time ahead to think about it. For now in my to do list is replacing all suspension components, bushings, arms, bolts etc. Once i get all the oem parts i'll proceed to the coilover order.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I have no idea what drop springs I have on my car but they are purple and the drop is pretty damn even front and rear. There is a one finger gap between the stock 15” tire and fender.

When I had my 17” wheels on there the gap was even less. And for being old factory struts the ride is still damn nice IMO. It is not harsh and bouncy. It rebounds quick and soft. I daily drive it over 70 miles to work and back Monday through Saturday.

jypatric

Reaction score
My buddy just installed eibach springs and his ride is not too low.

cg4ever

Reaction score
Redryder,

Could you tell me how much inches there is between the normal position and lower position on the front dampers of the Koni yellow ? Also which setting do you run, the upper or lower one ?

cg4ever

Reaction score
Redryder,

Could you tell me how much inches there is between the normal position and lower position on the front dampers of the Koni yellow ? Also which setting do you run, the upper or lower one ?

After some search it seems that the distance between both grooves are 15mm. If you can confirm this it will be nice RedRyder.

If both grooves are at upper ( so standard ) position on both dampers, do they give the same height with same front and rear lowering springs height ( eg 40/40mm ) ? Or the front is naturally a tad lower ?

How low you ride your Koni ? Can you describe how is the ride comfort with them ?

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Redryder,

Honestly it has been so long since I have looked at them, I do not remember. I want to say I am riding on the lower perch in front, and the upper perch in back. I will try and get answers for both of those questions.

After some search it seems that the distance between both grooves are 15mm. If you can confirm this it will be nice RedRyder.

If both grooves are at upper ( so standard ) position on both dampers, do they give the same height with same front and rear lowering springs height ( eg 40/40mm ) ? Or the front is naturally a tad lower ?

How low you ride your Koni ? Can you describe how is the ride comfort with them ?

15mm is about .59 inches, I am sure the distance between the perch positions is greater than that. I will verify.

Using the same perch positions might yield close to the same ride height front and back, but I don't think it's exactly the same. Just between the shock construction and the suspension setup, I would think there is some variance. But in theory, they should be about the same.

I'll check my ride height. As for ride comfort I have the dampening adjusted to the firmer side, I turned the knob 1.5 turns (max is 2 turns). Then the Ground Control coilover sleeve spring rates are 10k front and 8.7 rear if I remember correctly. It is certainly a lot firmer than OEM obviously, but not jarring. It absorbs enough of the stuff I don't want to feel, while still giving good road feel. I like a lot of feedback from the pavement though. The compression and rebound isn't harsh, it's firm but has nice transitioning and just enough cushion. I guess to summarize, on a bad road it is not super comfortable, but on any road that isn't garbage it feels good to me.

cg4ever

Reaction score
Thanks for the input RedRyder, when you received the Koni dampers do it says in the notice what is the maximum lowering the front damper can take ?

cg4ever

Reaction score
I've owned it all. :lawl:

In terms of ride comfort you won't lose much, they are both progressive springs with low rates so basically you get a lower stance with slightly firmer compression/rebound. If anything I noticed the car felt more controlled and tightened up than any less comfortable. Sure you feel everything a little more, but not by much.

The thing with either set of springs is they lower the car the same front and back, and these cars have more fender gap in front than rear from the factory. So unless you compensate for that, you'll end up with what we used to call "the boat look" where the front end of your car/wheel gap is higher than the rear. This is also known as reverse rake.

I paired both sets of springs with Koni Yellows which have the adjustable perches that allow for further height adjustment, plus those shocks have adjustable dampening. Dug up these old pics when I lowered on ProKits and the Koni's, CL Type-S wheels with 215/50/17 tires.

Hey Redryder,

Still have some questions

1- it seems that in those pictures the car sit unevenly because of the ground, the car leaning on the right side and the left side seems more higher compared to the right. Could it be ?

2- Also what was your Prokit reference part number ? And what was the front and rear spring drop with those ? In Europe the Pro-kit for the 6th Gen coupe is 1.2inch front and back and the reference part is E-4026-140.

3- From what i see you used the higher perche setting with your Prokit, can you confirm ? Did you tried the lower perche and notice any ride comfort difference ?

4- If the perches is set on standard height do those struts give the same boat look as oem struts ? Because the oem struts had this little spacer in the strut arm while i don't see Koni having any spacer so it may site fully in the arm.

5- Do you have more pics with this setup ?

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thanks for the input RedRyder, when you received the Koni dampers do it says in the notice what is the maximum lowering the front damper can take ?

It is more a matter of how much spring compression (spring rate) the shock valving can handle. Here is a great read, lots of info about Koni Yellows and the max spring rate for them, straight from Koni themselves.

https://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/threads/ground-control-coilover-sleeves-discussion.40665/

Hey Redryder,

Still have some questions

1- it seems that in those pictures the car sit unevenly because of the ground, the car leaning on the right side and the left side seems more higher compared to the right. Could it be ?

2- Also what was your Prokit reference part number ? And what was the front and rear spring drop with those ? In Europe the Pro-kit for the 6th Gen coupe is 1.2inch front and back and the reference part is E-4026-140.

3- From what i see you used the higher perche setting with your Prokit, can you confirm ? Did you tried the lower perche and notice any ride comfort difference ?

4- If the perches is set on standard height do those struts give the same boat look as oem struts ? Because the oem struts had this little spacer in the strut arm while i don't see Koni having any spacer so it may site fully in the arm.

5- Do you have more pics with this setup ?

1) I can't say that I am seeing that, and I don't recall having an uneven drop.
2) The part number for the Pro Kit for 98-02 Accord V6 is 4041.140. Drop is 1.5 inches front and rear.
3) Perch position does not affect ride comfort to any noticeable degree, same compression/'rebound characteristics but just at a lower or higher height
4) Only way to avoid boat look with this car is to set the front lower than the back

Back