First Honda. 99 EX V6

diggerdan11

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just picked up a 99 V6 Sedan, my first Honda. I’m normally a truck guy, but I drive a lot for work and the 11 mpg in my Suburban was getting a little expensive.

The car has a lot of miles and has a few issues. Hopefully I did not bite off more than I can chew. I figured with the gas savings I would pay her off in 4-5 months. I’m looking forward to learning more about Honda’s in general.

So far I’m liking driving it. It’s a little step down from my last car (BMW 335) but it’s still fun

0531766da4460ba184d6847c728921e9.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

diggerdan11

Reaction score
Is it acting up? Certainly a concern but not all of them are destined to fail, it could very well be fine and many were. It's just a crapshoot, unfortunately, and could go either way. Just do regular fluid changes, don't beat on it, and check out the thread below for driving tips with the auto.

https://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/threads/ways-to-prolong-the-life-of-our-at-tranny.44620/

When I originally test drove it I had no problems, now it’s not wanting to shift into second, but other times it does just fine. I’m going to start with servicing it and cleaning the shift solenoid and seeing if that helps

Back