High Mileage 6th Gens

Emphasis

Reaction score
Looks like I do about 10k every 6 months, lol.

Your location shows SoCal, so I'm assuming rust is no issue or concern? In NYC, not so much :(

My car is at about 161k which is a toddler to these other cars.

SKIandSKY262

Reaction score
I have 181K on my 2002 Accord. It's an automatic and the tranny is doing pretty well I think, but I get the fluid changed every 60K and may reduce that to every 30K.

I do an oil change and filter every 3,000 miles instead of the recommended 7,500 miles. I use Valvoline conventional oil, 5w-20.

Biggest problems fixed:

Body rust at driver's rear "dog leg." Replacement from 1998 Accord panel bonded in. Just last week.

New rack and pinion gears in 2016.

Biggest problems to fix:

Need all new brake and fuel lines, very rusted.

Found big rust hole driver's side rear of rocker panel. (Very sad to see that).

Alloy wheels need to be powder coated.

AndyJCant

Reaction score
New here, I picked up a 2001 Accord LX with 223xxx and she runs well. I’ll post some pictures when I figure out how all this forum stuff works.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
New here, I picked up a 2001 Accord LX with 223xxx and she runs well. I’ll post some pictures when I figure out how all this forum stuff works.

Congrats on the new to you 6th gen.

These motors are pretty much bullet proof if you maintain them. Mine has 241k miles and still pulls hard AF to 6k rpm.

Still chirps 2nd gear.

AndyJCant

Reaction score
Congrats on the new to you 6th gen.

These motors are pretty much bullet proof if you maintain them. Mine has 241k miles and still pulls hard AF to 6k rpm.

Still chirps 2nd gear.

For some reason the oil light blinks every once and a while. It started after I did an oil change, I plan on getting a f23a motor from an importer just to save on downtime when this old get finally blows. Not sure ho well she was maintained but if it’s anything like the rest of the car was it’s probably trashed. Anyway, here she is with her new shoes.A676CA87-5045-4161-9EF8-5DB68D605E2B.jpeg

Back