Sudden No Start

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
when i had the ignition switch replaced for the second time (first time by me, previous owner did it once), the tech at the dealer told me when there's an aftermarket alarm hooked up, they usually charge extra for the work, even though it's only two wires they have to deal with. they also told me that since it was the second time this part was being replaced, the customer usually has to pay for it but they'd 'wave it for me since i was a past employee' :rolleyes:

i thought it was weird that anyone would have to pay for any recalled part to be replaced ever. but in the end, i didn't get dicked, so i didn't have to raise a stink :lawl:

Enne

Reaction score
when i had the ignition switch replaced for the second time (first time by me, previous owner did it once), the tech at the dealer told me when there's an aftermarket alarm hooked up, they usually charge extra for the work, even though it's only two wires they have to deal with. they also told me that since it was the second time this part was being replaced, the customer usually has to pay for it but they'd 'wave it for me since i was a past employee' :rolleyes:
I just had the Prelude's ignition switch replaced, and thankfully didn't pay extra for all the extra spaghetti they had to take out, because someone had spliced in some kind of aftermarket harness to it 0.0 I didn't even know until I went to pick the car up, the service writer hands me this huge bundle of wires like "I'm not sure if you put this in the car but we figured you didn't want it installed lol".

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Thanks to @Enne over on DA, she's provided me with a link to NHTSA listing all the recalls to the CG platform. In there, I was able to find one specific to the interlock mechanism which describes my exact problem; being able to pull the key out of the ignition in any gear when the car is turned off.

AHM recall campaign notification

Back