Frankensteins Official Thread

capsidx

Reaction score
Nice work on the TB. That thing looked gross!

Thanks man, appreciate it. I took about a full day to port and polish it. The polishing could use a bit more but the tricky part was maintaining a steady idle and low speed drivability. Sometimes though when you have an engine operating at a ridiculous hp\tq ratio and you squeeze a lot of power out of a small package low speed drivability suffers. In my case I have less torque than the factory engine and increasing the hp just made it worse.

However, since the engine makes power up top I didn’t see a reason to restrict it so I could drive 20 mph without modulating the pedal. I don’t rip it everywhere but when I highway merge it’s really fun. It sounds amazing too. This makes it all worth it lol. Plus I’m getting 40 mpg on the highway. I can’t complain. I think I mentioned this before but I made it from pa to Fl (1000 miles) on 90 dollars for gas and that’s 93 octane.

NSWDoc

Reaction score
Thanks man, appreciate it. I took about a full day to port and polish it. The polishing could use a bit more but the tricky part was maintaining a steady idle and low speed drivability. Sometimes though when you have an engine operating at a ridiculous hp\tq ratio and you squeeze a lot of power out of a small package low speed drivability suffers. In my case I have less torque than the factory engine and increasing the hp just made it worse.

However, since the engine makes power up top I didn’t see a reason to restrict it so I could drive 20 mph without modulating the pedal. I don’t rip it everywhere but when I highway merge it’s really fun. It sounds amazing too. This makes it all worth it lol. Plus I’m getting 40 mpg on the highway. I can’t complain. I think I mentioned this before but I made it from pa to Fl (1000 miles) on 90 dollars for gas and that’s 93 octane.
You should race one of those new K20C4 Accords...maybe a dark grey one...[emoji16]!

capsidx

Reaction score
You should race one of those new K20C4 Accords...maybe a dark grey one...[emoji16]!
Since it has a turbo and tuned it makes way more power. I’ll pass for a rematch. Once I get my cams, tune, flywheel and head work I’ll schedule a rematch lol

NSWDoc

Reaction score
Since it has a turbo and tuned it makes way more power. I’ll pass for a rematch. Once I get my cams, tune, flywheel and head work I’ll schedule a rematch lol
That car waits for the day to play I do believe.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Nice TB work. And to input I drove a rental 2018 Mustang ecoboost. For a rated 310HP it was great 0-60 but after that the engine did not have the top end. It took way too long to get to 100mph. I believe my 2007 Tundra would pull on the mustang on the highway.

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
It's not all about HP, you know.

HP and TQ are a big factor of course, but then people often times overlook gear ratios and tires.

a 3.27 gear will have slower 0-60 times but will be able to pull on the highway or have a higher top end and the opposite will be true for something with say 3.73 or 4.10 gears.

All weather tires have crap for grip but Nitto 555 or Falken Azenis have awesome grip.

Everything has to be factored in.

capsidx

Reaction score
It's not all about HP, you know.

HP and TQ are a big factor of course, but then people often times overlook gear ratios and tires.

a 3.27 gear will have slower 0-60 times but will be able to pull on the highway or have a higher top end and the opposite will be true for something with say 3.73 or 4.10 gears.

All weather tires have crap for grip but Nitto 555 or Falken Azenis have awesome grip.

Everything has to be factored in.

Yes and no. Tires only play a large enough part when it comes grip. Rotational mass for cars in roughly the same bracket is null and void. Gear ratios are a big factor but only to a degree. If my car topped out at 100 I’d fly through gears but I could still lose to a car with a little more power and longer gears. It really comes down to power to weight ratio. That’s where it makes all the difference. Gear ratios help but I’m sure an h22 would be able to take me out with an f23 transmission even though it has way longer gears it still has the power to pull through them

Also that being said, I seriously wish I had a 6th gear [emoji24]. This thing is at like 3500 on the highway doing like 80-85. Still gets roughly 40mpg highway but I’d be in heaven if I could get 2000 rpms on the highway and still keep my short gears in the city. However, I’m glad it’s 5 short gears and not like the f23 where it’s basically 4 regular gears and an overdrive. It’s like a 4 speed lol.

Also I value your opinion, just in case you were wondering. Just sharing mine. And nam, I’m sorry you had to drive the ecoboost lol. My condolences :lawl:

Last edited:

NSWDoc

Reaction score
Yes and no. Tires only play a large enough part when it comes grip. Rotational mass for cars in roughly the same bracket are null and void. Gear ratios are a big factor but only to a degree. If my car topped out at 100 I’d fly through gears but I could still lose to a car with a little more power and longer gears. It really comes down to power to weight ratio. That’s where it makes all the difference. Gear ratios help but I’m sure an h22 would be able to take me out with an f23 transmission even though it has way longer gears it still has the power to pull through them

Also that being said, I seriously wish I had a 6th gear [emoji24]. This thing is at like 3500 on the highway doing like 80-85. Still gets roughly 40mpg highway but I’d be in heaven if I could get 2000 rpms on the highway and still keep my short gears in the city. However, I’m glad it’s 5 short gears and not like the f23 where it’s basically 4 regular gears and an overdrive. It’s like a 4 speed lol.

Also I value your opinion, just in case you were wondering. Just sharing mine. And nam, I’m sorry you had to drive the ecoboost lol. My condolences :lawl:
[emoji531][emoji531][emoji531][emoji531]

Back