1992 Acura Legend LS

Enne

Reaction score
3600 lbs!? Wow haha. I thought my '89 Prelude was heavy at 2900 lbs. Congrats on the new ride!

RockAuto is great. Sign up for the wholesaler closeout alerts for your car(s), I just got a ton of parts for $100 off there due to closeout sales.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Yeah the 3600lbs is a guess going off of the owners manual stating the total load of passengers and cargo cannot exceed 850lbs. So a rounded off number of that subtracted from the gross vehicle weight.

Hey man luxury vehicle aren’t light lol.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Watched this and thought of this thread, can't believe the Legend had soft close doors in 1994.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I’ll have to see if my car has soft close doors. That would be badass if it Did.

Side note is my rock auto order came in today!!! It was scheduled to ship here Tuesday but damn three days early is good with me.

So the plan is to start with jacking the car up and

-drain oil and replace oil filter, drain radiator and remove upper and lower hoses and plug ports with towels
-while oil is draining replace the PCV valve and start replacing the spark plugs while the oil is draining
-then start taking apart the front of the engine to get to the timing belt.
-inspect front main seals and cam seals and replace if I can get them out lol
- replace cabin air filter if I get overwhelmed and need a break from being under the car
- get back to the timing belt and water pump replacement.
-replace the thermostat while it’s all apart and before it put it all back together with new accessory belts also.

I have an intake manifold gasket set and valve cover gaskets I am saving for another time.

Lastly install new air filter and perforate stock air box for a custom NRD intake system.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Ok so to my surprise after hours and hours of working on the car to get to the timing belt, the damn thing has a brand new Honda timing belt on it. It looked damn near as new as the one I ordered. There where paint marks on the cams which gave away the timing belt job. It was done so well I couldn’t find evidence of it being changed.

The last car I bought that had the TB changed had a sticker under the hood that stated the date and mileage the job was done.

I did install new Denso iridium spark plugs and a new PCV valve along with draining and filling the radiator. Installed three new accessory belts.

And changed the oil and filter. The cabin filter wasn’t even a real filter. Just a piece of cardboard with 1/4” holes in it. The only thing it filtered out was the two handfuls of leaves and sticks that I pulled out from under the dash. I couldn’t believe how much crap was under there. Now I need to change the cabin filter in the other three cars I have.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Pleasant surprise lol, not looking forward to the timing belt job on my Accord. And yea I can't even wrap my head around that "cabin filter".

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I imagine it's a horror story in any car with the engine mounted laterally haha. I watched a video on YouTube, doesn't look like fun. Wish they just had timing chains...though in some cars those even go bad because they "stretch".

I guess that's one benefit of electric cars? Buuuut I'd still never buy one. :lawl:

Back