Acura TL power window switches lighting

cg4ever

Reaction score
Hello guys, where i live we don't have the Acura's so any of you have any pictures of how look the original 99-01 TL button switches but lit up ?

Also if you have any of the RL from the same years would be cool too.

Would be appreciated thanks.

FNCONE

Reaction score
The Acura looks just like the accord but all the little slots light up a greenish color. The RL the word "AUTO" has a rectangle around it that lights up. The RL pssenger buttons have a wider light. I have pictures somewhere ill find them

cg4ever

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Fncone,

I saw the RL wider light but for some reason i prefer the small dot light version from the TL switches.

It look like the 01-02 Acura's CL has the same 2dr master window switch as our 6th gen so it may be plugnplay but not sure if both switches lit up. I notice that the passeger window switch on the master switch has a little translucent dot which probably means that it lit up but i'm not sure the Auto lit up. Do you know if both buttons lit up ?

There is something else that i quite don't get, what make those Acura's switches like power window and mirror recognize that you flip the park or headlights to make the switches lit up ? Do it comes from the switches module itself or there is some extra wires in the harness in those Acura's ?

Let suppose the CL switches lit up, so if i drop a CL master window switch in my '98 6th gen do it will be plugnplay and the lit up working without modifications ?

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score
I believe it will plug in (haven't played with the car in a while) yes both light up a slight dim green, BUT the CL has a window control module the accord does not. Meaning some wires go to the module then back to master switch. IIRC When I did the TL conversion I had to get this module because windows would not move.

I can check the diagrams but im pretty sure it has something to do with the Master switch as its considered a multiplexer. I Do remember something about it has a connection to the taillight relay which has some sort of diode but thats all i remember. Basically all in your master switch. Also be careful swapping switches as you can burn out this multiplexer.

It sould light up but it probably wont move your windows. I dont have the accord stock to tell you. its a hybrid with tL wiring, but one thing is sure I didnt have to repin alot on the master switch.

cg4ever

Reaction score
Hey FNCONE,

I just purchased an 2 door CL master switch, should be 01 or 02 model not sure tho. My 6th gen is a 98. What is this kind of module you talking about ? You think i'll need it to make it work with my 98 ?

Did you buttons light was lit up accordingly to your park/headlights ? or they were stayed always lit up ?

Edit : Just checked the Accord Coupe 98 EDM diagram and as you can see in the link below it shows that it has 2 module multiplexer, one for driver side (12) and one passenger side (13).

Are those the modules multiplexer you talking about ? I'm a bit confused because you said our 6th gen doesn't have module multiplexer.

https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-ca.../CONTROL-UNIT-CABIN-LH-/17S8201/B__1310/3/406

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score
https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-...haust-heater-fuel-cat/control-unit-cabin-scat

Number 42 on this website.
I looked for it on an 02 and 01 it doesn't have it maybe because mine was a 2003 Type S?
Its not a multiplexer its a control module for windows. It should plug and work just be careful with passenger buttons it can burn out the multiplexer INSIDE the master switch. Its considered a multiplexer from ALLDATA Diagrams. Just be cautious as you are EDM.

cg4ever

Reaction score
Ok, it's indeed a different thing than i though. I re-checked the description of the master switch i bought and while in the title it was saying 98-03 Acura TL i notice that below in the descritption as part number it was noted 35750-S82-A06 and from what i can see this number is refered to the 6th gen Accord coupe from 2002 if i'm not mistaken. On the diagram it shows that the 6th gen 2002 coupe doesn't have this window module as the CL. As you said those module are probably an 03 thing and later..

So it's definitively not from an Acura TL because it' a 2 button master switch while the TL was a sedan. So it's very probably an 02 Accord Coupe or a CL switch because the passenger button have a light while the 6th gen don't have a light on the passenger button, at least i think i'm correct, only the AUTO was illuminated, correct me if i'm wrong... Anyway i'll check the switch once i get it in hand and see if the part number is on it because the seller didn't had a picture from that side of the switch. I also ask him if he possibly remember from which car he removed it.

But if it's indeed from an 02 Accord coupe i shouldn't need any module right ? Should be somehow plug n play no..?

Do the mirror switch have the same kind of issue with modules ? Because i bought an illuminated 02 Acura TL mirror switch with the harness. i know i may need to re-pin since both harness aren't the same but not sure if it's going to be enough to make it work.

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score
When i go to the garage this weekend i can see if mirror lights up because i have the power folding switch which you probably also have.
i think it was a type s or acuras with memory mirrors, dont qoute me on that but i do remember from a junk yard a CL has that window module also

cg4ever

Reaction score
When i go to the garage this weekend i can see if mirror lights up because i have the power folding switch which you probably also have.

The switch i bought is not a PFM but only heated. But the mirror button is translucent and so illuminated. THe harness is different than the 6th gen and seems to have one extra wire. I need to found both 6th gen and CL diagrams to re-pin.

2hq6ovl.jpg

2d7ttdz.jpg

i think it was a type s or acuras with memory mirrors, dont qoute me on that but i do remember from a junk yard a CL has that window module also

I checked the diagrams of the Acura's and as you mention only the 2003 have that module. The pre 2003 Acura's doesn't have this module so i think any master switch window pre 03 should work plugnplay with our 6th gen, correct me if i'm wrong.

Back