jerrychoochoo's 01 Taffeta White Accord Sedan LX "Build"

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
Amber looks great in these cars, needles are orange already for 98-00 and somehow the light blue film on the backside of the gauge faces does it justice.

Did you try an amber LED in the clock?
Agreed, I was contemplating going with red, but I’m glad I didn’t. And yes I bought the LED from superbrightleds and for some reason they won’t light up. I tried rotating them every which way and no success. Maybe I’ll try again in the future.

Last edited:

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score

Decided it was time for some HID's. I originally wanted 6000K but DDM Tuning is notorious for overly blue lights so I ended up with 5500K instead and it looks pretty good. It's blue when you first turn it on but after warming up its pure white. The third picture is what it looked like with OEM bulbs, I didn't understand why the passenger side was aimed so high until I looked underneath the hood and had seen the bulb wasn't even rotated in all the way! I adjusted it in the sixth picture and it looks way better.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
One of my DDM slim ballasts I bought with an original kit over 10 years ago just burned out a couple months ago. Amazed at the quality and longevity, but that was a long time ago. I know things have changed at DDM since then, but hope you have a good experience. Hope you went with 35w, and be sure the headlights are aimed properly. I recommend a retrofit.

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
So you installed HID's on non projector headlights?
Did you make an account just to post this?

One of my DDM slim ballasts I bought with an original kit over 10 years ago just burned out a couple months ago. Amazed at the quality and longevity, but that was a long time ago. I know things have changed at DDM since then, but hope you have a good experience. Hope you went with 35w, and be sure the headlights are aimed properly. I recommend a retrofit.
Yeah.. I bought their kit way back when I had my Integra and they were really good for the price. And yes, they are 35W, I made sure I aimed the headlights a little lower than stock because of all the glare. I want to do a retrofit in the future but TSX projectors are so damn expensive but worth the money. Also I was lurking on someone else’s thread, could you send me a link to the Facebook group? I deleted mines a long time ago but I’d start it up again if people are posting their Accord’s. It’s super lonely on this forum lol.

trident

Reaction score

Decided it was time for some HID's. I originally wanted 6000K but DDM Tuning is notorious for overly blue lights so I ended up with 5500K instead and it looks pretty good. It's blue when you first turn it on but after warming up its pure white. The third picture is what it looked like with OEM bulbs, I didn't understand why the passenger side was aimed so high until I looked underneath the hood and had seen the bulb wasn't even rotated in all the way! I adjusted it in the sixth picture and it looks way better.
That's a huge difference! Nice

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Looks good, i went with led bulbs in mine one of the my most favorite mods. Stock bulbs just suck. My wife now wants them for her camry. Retro fitting projectors is the way to go but i have barely any glare doing what you did with aiming it low. It also helps my front end is only about 4-5" from the ground lol. Agree its not as busy on here but i know i lurk alot just usually busy with work to post much.

Ill be posting pics of my accord here sometime in May before i move to Florida, like ive said before our cars look like twins. Only bad part is my front bumper has a huge crack from hitting a curb after i slid on ice in January. Just waiting on hopefully the last snow this week before i clean it up for photos.

Last edited:

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
Glad to see this clean OEM machine is still running :) The HID's look great
Haha, thanks man! Appreciate the love.

That's a huge difference! Nice
Thank you sir!

Looks good, i went with led bulbs in mine one of the my most favorite mods. Stock bulbs just suck. My wife now wants them for her camry. Retro fitting projectors is the way to go but i have barely any glare doing what you did with aiming it low. It also helps my front end is only about 4-5" from the ground lol. Agree its not as busy on here but i know i lurk alot just usually busy with work to post much.

Ill be posting pics of my accord here sometime in May before i move to Florida, like ive said before our cars look like twins. Only bad part is my front bumper has a huge crack from hitting a curb after i slid on ice in January. Just waiting on hopefully the last snow this week before i clean it up for photos.
Agreed, just wish I had the funds to do a legit retro fit, maybe when I get a real job lol. Nice dude florida seems like a good place to live, they have ZERO emissions over there. People be driving R34's and S15's like it's nothing. California is too damn strict.

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score

https://www.flickr.com/photos/b74p_dc4/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/b74p_dc4/

Not sure if you guys can tell but I went a little lower. The coilovers were maxed out so I had to remove a perch. Sadly, I'm still not satisfied with the height, I'll probably end up removing one more perch and I'll finally get an alignment. I told myself I wasn't going to slam it but I at least want to tuck tire.

Back