Acura TL power window switches lighting

cg4ever

Reaction score
Not sure about that, my switch is the exact same as the one i bought except is not illuminated and i have one less wire. So i think the wire has to do something with the illumination and the brake/parklight switch.

FNCONE

Reaction score
for mine it was the heated button wire, maybe its different because you are edm?
got pictures of both your switches?

cg4ever

Reaction score
for mine it was the heated button wire, maybe its different because you are edm?
got pictures of both your switches?

I don't have a picture of the switch in my car and didn't remove it yet since i still didn't received the Tl one. Also edm 6th gen's have the heated mirrors from factory. So basically the switch i bought and the one i have on my car are the exact same switches with heated mirros. The only difference is the mine is not lit up compared to the TL i bought. Also the harness of both switches are different. I'll take a picture once i removed the switch from my car.

fncone, if you don't mind can i ask you to pm me ? because i don't have the possibility to pm other members because i have less than 80 posts.. I notice you're from NY and i would like to ask you something. WOuld be appreciated, thanks.

cg4ever

Reaction score
fncone, i saw you already removed a button switch from the master switch, can you tell me what is the easiet and safier way to do it without damaging anything ?

cg4ever

Reaction score
fncone, i saw you already removed a button switch from the master switch, can you tell me what is the easiet and safier way to do it without damaging anything ?

Ok, received the switches and just found out how to remove them. just need to pull like you're closing the window and then it pop-up.

suenoz

Reaction score
word of warning for some people...I decided to install the rl driver switch and when i started using it sparks and smoke came out from the switch.
I went back to my oem switch and everything still works fine so word of caution to everybody.

2002 Accord Exl V6 Naples Golden

FNCONE

Reaction score
Wiring are different. i believe if you put a 1998- 2000 into a 2001-2002 same thing will happen. I swapped out wood grain switches and the pinouts change at the door dont remember if they change a master switch.
I never tried installing the RL switch just took its buttons

suenoz

Reaction score
Decided to open it up to see what the problem was and the whole circuit board smells toasty.
I guess i can salvage the bulbs if they still work and try something else. I already tried the tl one but only the driver window switch worked
and does anybody know about 01-02 acura mdx if its compatible or is it the same as the TL one?

statuskuo

Reaction score
I got illuminated switches in my 01 accord sedan. I bought TL switches from several different 01 - 03 models at the junk yard and only the passenger and rear ones were plug and play. The master switch did not work so I took the buttons out to find that the board directly under the buttons is exactly the same as the Accord one. I desoldered the TL leds and resistors and soldered it into the existing holes on the accord switch to make them light up. I had to use the TL buttons since they had a little window for light to pass through. I don't have the stock green lights and have changed it to white leds. The switches light up with your ignition and has nothing to do with your headlights turning on or off.

Hope this helps.

statuskuo

Reaction score
I don't have any other pictures but hope this gives you an idea. Mine is EX as well and had an illuminated "Auto" button so I am not sure if other trims are different or not.

IMG_20180212_200930.jpg

Back