Factory optional 1din lower storage part reference ?

cg4ever

Reaction score
I know this is a discontinued part but do someone of you guys know what is the honda part number of this lower 1din optional storage ?
accc.jpg

Last edited:

snip33r

Reaction score
I am not sure if you are looking for this part just for storage, I guess its an accessory option to have Cassette player, if you are looking for Cassette player, may want to replace the OEM head-unit with 01-02 Accord, as they came with 6 disc changer and cassette player build in and will be cheaper to get. that's what I did in my 2000 Coupe :)

cg4ever

Reaction score
It's not for storage or cassette. In edm 6th gens we have a headlight washer and headlight height adjustement switches that take the lower 1 din in the main radio console. I will move those switches into the optional lower din storage so i can install a 7" double din in the main one. Btw i found the factory part number.

snip33r

Reaction score
that amazing, wish USDM 6th gen have headlight washers & height adjustment options too

cg4ever

Reaction score
that amazing, wish USDM 6th gen have headlight washers & height adjustment options too

i never use the headlight washers since i keep my car always clean and almost never drive when raining. The headlight adjustements are nice feature because if you have many rear passengers + a full tank and many luggages in the trunk then it's nice to be able to lower the headlight to avoid disturbing other drivers.

I also sometimes fully lower the headlights when there is a lot of fog, actually helps.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Such luxurious features, USDM 6GA's were too plebeian for that haha. I would have to paint the headlight washer nozzles to match the car though.

Got a pic of these switches?

cg4ever

Reaction score
I think that at that time and for some specific cars, some European countries may had some different regulations and probably obligate some manufacturers to have by factory headlight adjustments and washers. So in order to be able to sell in those countries too they decided to equip all edm Accords with those features. I may be wrong but it's my guess.

Also my Accord is from '98 so the first ones and those switches where equipped in all edm Accord from the start. So it's not like they decided to add them on later Accord's because they though it would be a cool features. It's something they had in their plans from start.

It's just like the edm front fender side turn signal, they add them because it's an obligation in Europe while it seems not in usa and the reason you don't have them.

Here a pic of the switches, note it isn't from my own car but someone else. The empty 3rd slot is normally for the front bumper fog headlights switch for those who had the option.

76jamg.jpg

Last edited:

jypatric

Reaction score
Looks so nice. Would love to have a dashboard console like that.

Back