Manual trans mount bracket

kado

Reaction score
I have a 98 accord 2.3 with a manual trans. I just bought this car and when purchased the trans mount and bracket were just laying loose. The bracket that was there (silver bracket in pics) is not the correct one as you can see that the trans in car does not have the correct alignment for mounting studs. So i am trying to figure out what transmission this so i can get the bracket and get this car going before i lose it to being towed away. I cant keep it where its at if its no running and moving
everything i have found/seen shows that the mount should be the pic above but yet my trans stud locations are as seen here. The black bracket there in pic the 2 sided by side studs will line up but the box where shift linkage goes in is blocking it. you see on the silve one how it is molded to wrap around trhat

20190329_121714.jpg 20190329_121731.jpg 20190329_121934.jpg

Please any help will save me

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Silver bracket appears to be correct for the car, however I can't tell what trans you have unless you take a better picture of it or maybe provide some details about the car possibly

upload_2019-4-1_7-12-14.png

kado

Reaction score
Well like your diagram and everything i have found, ya the silver bracket would be the one except as you see my trans is missing that one stud mount , if your looking from left to right, its missing the third one or its actually just in a diffrerent spot. The trans sticker is also missing 3/4 of it beneath some gray paint which would indicate a rebuilt/recond. is it possible this is a JDM honda trans? Again thanks for any help

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
rjxa_UCChartPrimaryServer.aspx
Look for a trans code stamped at the front of the trans close to the radiator/front engine mount. Even if it's a rebuild or a jdm trans, it "should" mount the same.

Back