Eibach Prokit vs Sportline Springs

cg4ever

Reaction score
i had ksports on my sedan (it's the same suspension) and i loved them. they lasted for about 5 years and a little over 40k miles before i ever had an issue. only one shock ended up blowing out, and it would've been an easy piece to replace, but i decided to try out a different suspension anyway...which was a mistake haha. the ksports were great and i'd get them again without a question.

you won't get oem comfort with any lowering type suspension. some will be softer than others, but you won't have that same softness as the stock setup. lowering suspension systems have to be stiffer so that your car doesn't bottom out all the time. not only would you bottom out a lot, but it would also handle like crap.

ksports will be noticeably stiffer than stock suspension, but with the damper adjustment, you can make it softer. i prefer a stiff suspension, so on my ksports i had the damper turned up to make them stiffer, and i honestly never had them real soft, so i can't tell you how they are if you turn the damper down real low. i felt it was a well balanced suspension for the car though, and as i said, i'd have no issue getting them again. matter of fact, i'd recommend them!

another plus to them is that they're also coilovers, so once you decide you'd like your car to be lower, all you have to do is lower the suspension, rather than buy new springs and reinstall them all over again. you can also fine tune it so you don't get that boat look, which you can't really remedy other than buying something different and doing the work all over again if you just buy drop springs.

Do you remember what front and rear spring rates came with your K-Sport coilovers ?

cg4ever

Reaction score
i believe they all come with the front at 12 kg/mm (672 lbs/in) and the rear at 7 kg/mm (392 lbs/in). that's how mine were anyway.

Just got an K-sport German representative and he just told me that the spring rates for the Accord 6th gen was 17.8 front and 7.0 rear.

I don't know if he did a mistake or something but 17.8kg on front seems a lot to me. Must be very very stiff.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
17.8 does sound extremely stiff. mine definitely were not that hard :lawl: mine were new in 2009 though, so they might've made some changes since then.

cg4ever

Reaction score
I read that around 2008~2009 K-Sport has made some major adjustement to their products. They indeed could have raise the spring rate of the 6th gen accord for some unknown reasons but still seems a weird decision. I'll try to call them back tomorrow again and get a confirmation about those rates.

Edit : I won't need to call them...Look what i just found

https://www.maxrev.de/files/2017/04/20170408_140752.jpg

Can't imagine how those things are riding with 17.8 in front... Luckily it's possible to get other K-Sport springs with different spring rates if needed.

Last edited:

cg4ever

Reaction score
It is more a matter of how much spring compression (spring rate) the shock valving can handle. Here is a great read, lots of info about Koni Yellows and the max spring rate for them, straight from Koni themselves.

https://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/threads/ground-control-coilover-sleeves-discussion.40665/

1) I can't say that I am seeing that, and I don't recall having an uneven drop.
2) The part number for the Pro Kit for 98-02 Accord V6 is 4041.140. Drop is 1.5 inches front and rear.
3) Perch position does not affect ride comfort to any noticeable degree, same compression/'rebound characteristics but just at a lower or higher height
4) Only way to avoid boat look with this car is to set the front lower than the back

Today i got a Koni representative on the phone and basically what he recommend me with the yellow is to not use lowering springs more than 40mm and especially to NOT use the bottom groove with ANY lowering spring. He told me that the bottom groove is intended to be used with stock springs only. If i want more drop than 40mm he simply told me to take the coilovers route...

cg4ever

Reaction score
@RedRyder

You said you were on Sportlines springs (2inch drop) plus the lower perche on your front Koni right ? If so it gave you a total of drop of 6,5cm ( 5cm springs + 1,5cm lower Koni perch ).

How was the riding feel ? You wasn't bottom out on the lower perch and short springs ? Because i got a notification from various persons that if installing short springs then only the upper perch should be used and never the lower one.

Can you share your though and experience please ?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Eibach engineers their springs to yield a level of ride comfort that is not drastically different from that of stock, while implementing spring rates that provide better/tighter compression/decompression and help decrease body roll. You could call their springs OEM+. What really affects ride comfort with this spring+shock setup is the valving on the Koni Yellows, there are 2 full turns and 0 is very soft while 2 is pretty hard. So it really depends on where you set the dial, I always kept mine on 1.5 turns. But I like to feel the road, and what my car is doing.

I found this setup to be a good balance of handling and comfort. I felt like body roll and duck/squat was well controlled and that bumps/dips in the road were not jarring. And no I never bottomed out, it's simply not that aggressive of a setup. You have to remember how high these cars came from the factory haha. I liked the Koni Yellow and Eibach Sportline setup, but for anyone not going with coilovers I would recommend Koni Yellows paired with Eibach's Ground Control coilover sleeves. I feel like it does everything the Sportline setup did but better. And you can order the GC springs in a gamut of rates, I went with 10.7k front and 8k rear.

cg4ever

Reaction score
@RedRyder

Thanks for the feedback, so you confirm that the front spring you had ( sportlines ) was 2inch drop and set on the lower perch, so an overall front drop of 2.6 inch ?

The picture below is when you had the sportlines on the koni lower perch ?

picture.php

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^that pic is with the Pro Kits. I'd have to look back at my noob post when I first got suspension to confirm what perch everything was on lol.

Back