Eibach Prokit vs Sportline Springs

cg4ever

Reaction score
I found this setup to be a good balance of handling and comfort. I felt like body roll and duck/squat was well controlled and that bumps/dips in the road were not jarring. And no I never bottomed out, it's simply not that aggressive of a setup. You have to remember how high these cars came from the factory haha. I liked the Koni Yellow and Eibach Sportline setup, but for anyone not going with coilovers I would recommend Koni Yellows paired with Eibach's Ground Control coilover sleeves. I feel like it does everything the Sportline setup did but better. And you can order the GC springs in a gamut of rates, I went with 10.7k front and 8k rear.

With the sportlines did you tried the upper perch as well ? If yes, did you noticed any ride comfort difference compared to the lower perch ? And if no, do you think that the upper perch compared to the lower may have a big difference in ride comfort ?

I can't go with ground control coilover sleeves cause they are not TUV approved ( german certificate ) needed in my country in order to be cleared by car inspection . So my choice was very limited but i already got my springs and in the next few days i should order a set of Koni yellow that i'll pair with my springs.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Ride comfort does not change between perches, the car is behaves the same on the lower perch as it would the upper, just at a lower height. And like I said what really determines ride comfort is how you dial in the Koni shocks. Yes Sportlines are firmer than factory springs, but the improvement in handling and feel is way more noticeable than a loss of ride comfort which is very little (Sportline springs rates are very soft still). Actually a firmer spring can even make the ride comfort seem better because the car isn't leaning and wobbling all over the place so you and the car feel more planted and controlled.

You are overthinking it a bit lol, trust me you will love the ride the Sportlines + Koni's give. You'll have a decent drop and a wide adjustability in ride comfort with a little additional adjustment room in ride height as well. It's like this setup was made for the 6GA. :thumbsup:

cg4ever

Reaction score
You are overthinking it a bit lol, trust me you will love the ride the Sportlines + Koni's give. You'll have a decent drop and a wide adjustability in ride comfort with a little additional adjustment room in ride height as well. It's like this setup was made for the 6GA. :thumbsup:

Sportlines aren't tuv approved so i can't use them in my country. It's not that i'm overthinking it, it' just i have a little time to think of the different options i got before lower the car. I've got already the springs, not low as the sportlines but at least tuv approved. I'll try to use the koni low perch then and see how it goes.

trident

Reaction score
Sportlines aren't tuv approved so i can't use them in my country. It's not that i'm overthinking it, it' just i have a little time to think of the different options i got before lower the car. I've got already the springs, not low as the sportlines but at least tuv approved. I'll try to use the koni low perch then and see how it goes.
I'd be curious with koni set up. A buddy of mine is looking at an Accord as next project right after we finished installing the skid plates and a few jeep accessories on his Wrangler project. Sports line with koni really sounds a good combination.

Back