Hid retrofit question

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
I got a free pair of rx350 headlights with afs hid projectors including that ballast, it all works guy came into my work wanted new headlights since his was cloudy, cost 4k for new complete headlights from lexus (ballast, bulbs, etc)
I was thinking of taking my old headlights and modding it for the projectors. I have looked on google and cant find a for sure answer they will fit in the housing, saw a for sale thread on here where someone fitted it to 6th gen headlights but cant confirm they are actually rx350 projectors. Also can the afs projectors be used? The afs is the side movement of the projectors while turning incase anyone was wondering. All the reftro guides i see always have nonafs projectors. Thanks in advance for any help.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
He spent $4k on new headlights because his were cloudy? Could have spent $50 and restored the lenses. :ugh:

But hey good for you lol. RX350's are doable, just involves some trimming, etc. You can check with kn0x47, I know he had a set of them in his possession back in the day he was going to retrofit but not sure how far he got. His were from a 2010 though.

As for the AFS, you would need much more than just the headlights to get that working, and even then it would be pretty challenging. I'm sure there's info about that on HIDplanet and other retrofit sites if you want to explore it.

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
The guy had one of those extended warranty plans they surprisingly okayed it lol. Thanks for the info, as for the afs, i dont want it just wasnt sure if that would affect a install. I may post on one of the retro sites, hid installs are new to me but figure i have spare lights and everything i need now so may as well attempt it. I run led headlights right now and i like them so i may retrofit the hid than sell them on here. Thanks again!

Back