Starter Woes

NorcalLX

Reaction score
Awhile back, within a couple of weeks of having the Clutch and Flywheel replaced in my 02 Accord, the OEM Honda starter began not engaging intermittently. At the time, $ was tight so I bought a Ultima reman starter from O'reillys with a lifetime warranty.

Upon installing it, I immediately noticed the unit was noisy when cranking. I drove the car back to O'reillys and had them listen to it - guy thought it sounded ok. Drove it for a few days and unit began not engaging intermittently. Since then, I've gotten three replacements from them and all of them have had the intermittent engagement issue. Talked to the store Manager the other day and he said he would refund my $ when I returned unit to him.

My question is - could the first noisy starter I got from them have damaged my new flywheel which is causing this intermittent engagement issue or maybe their remanufactured in Mehico starters are garbage?

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Once in a great while my Accord (with original OE starter)will just click and I have to turn the key a couple times back and forth and it finally fires right up. The issue never lasts more than a couple clicks, and happens once every couple months so I never wanted to replace the OE starter with a garbage reman parts store unit.

Doesn't sound like they chipped or broke a tooth on the flywheel. That wouldn't cause what you're experiencing. Odds are pretty good you just are getting garbage reman starters. When I worked at Autozone as a commercial manager the swap out rate on starters and alternators is pretty high. The brand new Chinese units they offered instead of the reman units were even worse. Don't any of the O'reileys by you bench test starters before sending them out? Every single Autozone has a machine for that, for exactly that reason

SergA73

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "T. $. Racing, post: 1114600, member: 21856"] Однажды через некоторое время мой Аккорд (с оригинальным оригинальным стартером) просто щелкнет, и мне придется пару раз повернуть ключ назад и вперед, и это наконец-то загорается Эта проблема никогда не длится более пары щелчков, и происходит один раз в пару месяцев, поэтому я никогда не хотел заменять стартер оригинального оборудования на блок хранения запчастей для мусора.

".....Время от времени мой Аккорд (с оригинальным оригинальным стартером) просто щелкает, и мне приходится пару раз поворачивать ключ назад и вперед, и он, наконец, срабатывает. Проблема никогда не длится более пары кликов....."

Была такая же ситуация с автомобильной заводкой.
Купил стартер с разбитой машины с пробегом 90 тысяч километров и забыл о такой проблеме. Стартер стоил 45 долларов, установил.

NorcalLX

Reaction score
So, my OEM Starter, p/n 31200-PAA-A01, shows as discontinued some places online but available at others like Bernardi Honda for $316.10. Besides a OEM starter, are there any Premium Reman options?

Back