FS: 98 5 speed EX Sedan- $1200

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
1998 Accord EX Sedan

-Black with gray cloth interior
-226k miles and counting. currently my daily driver
-clean IL title in hand. car is located in Melrose Park, IL 60164

Pros: heat and a/c both work great. been a reliable daily driver for almost 4 years now but the time has come to move on to something newer. have a folder of the receipts for everything I've replaced maintance wise since I've owned it. Ball joints, tie rods, rear caliper, rear sway bar links, trans fluid, battery, etc. Oil has been changed religiously every 4500-5k miles with Royal Purple and a Bosch filter. Comes with a brand new Duralast starter as a spare as well

Cons: CEL on for P0420 and P1467 evap code. Car currently has no cat or muffler on it, just the resonator. Still factory quiet. Cruise control does not work, needs plastic retainer that holds the cable to the throttle body. ABS light is on for what I believe is the front drivers sensor. Comes and goes when I mess with that sensor. Very very slight rust starting on rear wheel well. Typical top half clear coat peel/fade

Pics to come

Last edited:

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Damn I would buy this if I had room at my house for another car haha. But my driveway has my truck and my wife’s CUV and my Legend is parked on the street. I don’t wanna be the guy that has too many cars lol.

I hope it goes to a buyer that isn’t gonna drive the thing into the ground. Do you have any idea how many miles are on the timing belt?

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Damn I would buy this if I had room at my house for another car haha. But my driveway has my truck and my wife’s CUV and my Legend is parked on the street. I don’t wanna be the guy that has too many cars lol.

I hope it goes to a buyer that isn’t gonna drive the thing into the ground. Do you have any idea how many miles are on the timing belt?

Haha unfortunately I am that guy on my block :( . The Accord and the XJ are my only cars in the driveway/garage that aren't projects.

I was kind of hoping the same thing. Rather not see it go to a Craigslist or OfferUp random. No idea on the timing belt. I've only owned it since late 2015, and the previous owner was an older Middle-Eastern guy that wasn't into cars.

rezwerd

Reaction score
I'd be sorely tempted if I hadn't just bought a very similar car. This seems like a better deal than I got, plus it's not often you get service records at that price point. At least, I didn't with mine.

What kind of options does it have (Sunroof/wheels/radio etc)? Asking for a friend.

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
I'd be sorely tempted if I hadn't just bought a very similar car. This seems like a better deal than I got, plus it's not often you get service records at that price point. At least, I didn't with mine.

What kind of options does it have (Sunroof/wheels/radio etc)? Asking for a friend.

Thanks. I got a pretty good deal myself when I bought it so I try to pass it along. She's served me well for almost 4 years now, but at this point I'm just ready for something a bit newer.

Has the sunroof, stock 15" alloys, and an aftermarket JVC CD player.

I recently put 2 Continental brand tires on the rear end, could probably could use 2 front tires in the near future.

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Just to give an idea before I can get some better pics. Had these on my phone...

oLE7T1o.jpg

NmU7r2R.jpg

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Still for sale. Insurance and plates are up in December so needs to be gone by then. Would love to see this go to a fellow member rather than a craigslister. Show up with $1000 cash and the car is your's

Rear hubs, pads, & rotors were done in September. All Raybestos parts. Also just did the trans fluid and engine oil. On the flip side the high pressure power steering line rusted out and the car currently has no power steering. Pump is fine, I just stopped refilling it. Currently at just over 230k miles....

I've had a few messages regarding flying in and driving the car home. I wouldn't hesitate to drive the car anywhere. Since June of this year the car has been to the Wisconsin Dells twice (380 mile round trip), Indy once (360 mile round trip), and Kalamazoo once (300 mile round trip).

Last edited:

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Still available. Just got back from a 400 mile round trip from Chicago to Auburn, In

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Just changed the oil. Fresh Pennzoil Ultra and Bosch filter... Now at 234k miles

Back