Port and polish f23 head

What do i need to do after port and polish head?

• Help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tee6gen

Reaction score
So i just recently bought another accord cg5 manual. I took the motor off my cg6 at. And remove the head and tranny off the block. I did some reserched and looked up how to port n polish cylinder head. So i decided to diy my extra f23 head and manifold. I am basically trying to rebuild the engine as budget as possible.

Bottom block:
is still good so i just clean the carb on piston and the walls all rods on piston are still good so im not gonna do much to bottom block just new oil pan and waterpump.

head:
the valve i also polish it i used the old springs about to put the rocker arm back on after i finish putting the exhaust valve.

Now im kinda stuck on what should i do next? Do i just torque the head back on the botton block with new head gasket and resurfaced head after i port and polish and is there anything i need to door replace before i assemble the longblock togethere?
This is my first actual rebuild on a engine, i do know alot about cars and motor espcially honda. I've been helping and fix car since i was in high school and with my friends and older brother.
Please be serious n repectful when reply, i am trying to get this project done a.s.a.p. so i can get rid of the cg6 chassis by the mid of next month becuase its taking to much space in my garage and i doing my older brother wedding.
Thank you.

20190523_034537.jpg

20190523_034503.jpg

20190523_034646.jpg

View attachment 7435

20190523_034606.jpg

Last edited:

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
If it’s not warped or was damaged before than just torque it back on in the correct sequence.

I would check valve clearances and go on with it. I would also replace all seals and gaskets while the engine is open and out.

Tee6gen

Reaction score
When i took it apart it seems like 4 valve on the exhaust side was bent i might just have to replace those 4 valve or is it bettter to just replace all 8 exhaust valves? Well i was driving and suddenly the cam gear broke off so i wasnt sure if when the piston knock with the valve if it had weaken the piston rods and wall. My brother and i looked at it and test it out by turning the shaft to inspected all 4 pistons it looked fine it wasnt shaking or moving much and we looked at the wall there was no scratch or dent damage etc. Oil and coolent was fine no mix of one another. Both the head and bottom had no crack or damage so we open oil pan and inspected it and everything was fine. We suggested it fine.+

20190523_115243.jpg

20190523_115254.jpg

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
How the hell did you manage to break the cam gear off?

I would rebuild the whole head. But that’s me. Do it right once

Tee6gen

Reaction score
How the hell did you manage to break the cam gear off?

I would rebuild the whole head. But that’s me. Do it right once
Lol idk, the funny thing was that it happen while i was on my way to buy the cg5. My plan is to rebuikd the engine i did basically everything by myself. Took out the entire engine, i am rebuilding head, almost done putting all the valve in. I do have a question tho, when i put the rocker arm back on with the shaft how do i adjust the valve? After i do put everything back together since i port and polish the head and manifold im thinking about supercharging it. I know there isnt any supercharger made for the 6th generation but i am planning on homemade. I plan to go with the aisin amr500 make a custom braket where the ac compressor is located. Idk much about force induction yet but ive been watching alot a videos and reading lots and lots of article in the internet about it. I want to boost at least 7lb is it possible to make this work?

Tee6gen

Reaction score
I know the f23a4 is ulev and most people say just leave it the way it is its better off buying a faster car. But i feel like i do wanna give these motor a shot to see how it goes. Altho these motor does have some problem overall it is a very durable engine i mean these engine are single head and is a 2.3l i see people pushing it to almost 300,000 and more if kept with good maintenance. I know its better to go with jdm f23a or a1 but i wanna try the a4 something different. Question can i use the f23a1 ecu on the f23a4 motor or should i just do a obd2 to obd1 and go p28 ecu?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A gasket match on the ports and some blending of the surfaces is really all you need for a stock motor. I had mine done years ago by shop

Tee6gen

Reaction score
Thanks blkcurrantkord and nam1911a1. I have a question i already order the aisin amr500 what do i need to set it up or can i just bolt it with pipping and filter

Back