High Mileage 6th Gens

stevekaw

Reaction score
My 2001 EX 2.3L is at 417K miles. Replaced original engine at 302K miles. Paint job could be better, but can't expect much for a non-garage kept car!

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Dirty Girl turned 345k last night!
56630db2ae104500dd99f1d744f67871.jpg
f4cb0980d8a44bacc083bbd5cca0ae32.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Pardie

Reaction score
2001 coupe with V6
Ticked over 265k miles recently
Transmission is still original
Desperately need a paint job.

stevekaw

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what went wrong on the original engine?
Main coolant hose failed on the highway and before I could find a place to stop, the engine overheated badly.

Mechanic thought there was a good chance the head had warped/cracked after the gasket failed. I could either pay to have the head machined or just replace the entire engine with a used unit. I wanted to get several more years out of the car, so I paid ~$3,000 to have the engine swapped out.

The car has run well since then, and I still have the original transmission. The latter does shift harshly on occasion, but otherwise works fine as long as it has Honda ATF. I think I'll make 500,000 miles on the old girl!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Main coolant hose failed on the highway and before I could find a place to stop, the engine overheated badly.

Mechanic thought there was a good chance the head had warped/cracked after the gasket failed. I could either pay to have the head machined or just replace the entire engine with a used unit. I wanted to get several more years out of the car, so I paid ~$3,000 to have the engine swapped out.

The car has run well since then, and I still have the original transmission. The latter does shift harshly on occasion, but otherwise works fine as long as it has Honda ATF. I think I'll make 500,000 miles on the old girl!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I hear ya. Well, I definitely give you major props for being loyal to the ole gal.

Back