ItsAHandas 01CG3 build thread

ItsAHanda

Reaction score
Hi fellow 6GA members I have been a member for quite sometime now but haven’t posted yet, so why not start with my currently incomplete build thread. On October 13 2017 I purchased my F23A1 01 Accord Coupe EX with gray leather and sunroof. The car had 207xxx on the body and 63xxx on the engine and clutch. The car was in poor cosmetic condition but ran and drove like new minus a couple small things that had needed addressing which was to be expected as the car sat for nearly 2 years before I purchased it. Her name is Joanna and she is now a clean daily until I secure more funds to actually build it.

The day I bought her. The paint was in rough condition with an unpainted front clip do to a truck backing into fr fender while po owned her. Wheels were badly gouged from almost 20 years of city life, other panels were badly scratched and the passenger side had rock chips all over the door. Someone also removed the factory rear wing but actually covered the holes with decent hardware. The car also had a sunroof visor from the factory which I’m sure was ripped off at some point from one of those automatic car washes that installed the swirls on the ready of the car, it also had almost no brakes and the car would sometimes violently shake when taking off in 1st after a long drive, which was found to be do to a rusted metal brake line just behind drivers door.
2gZmA2P]

I couldn’t take it anymore... The car was ugly to say the least from the neglect and being a black Honda. I had to do something about it, I bought a cheap used color matching hood as the original was slightly caved in (Probably from someone sitting directly on the middle of it) bought some dupli color spray cans, and 2 cans of 2k clear from Amazon and painted the fenders. Baked the headlights open and painted housings and polished the covers, and painted the hideously damaged factory wheels
2gZkRdg]

New wheels 16x7 Advan RZII’s made the car look like a monster truck.
2gZmA8F]

Ahh, that’s better
2gZmA61]

ItsAHanda

Reaction score
I will post more tomorrow as the rest of pics are in other phone. Also can anyone tell me how to fix the pics. I uploaded from Flickr using the url and just clicked the add image button above text field. I’m still a little new to this ‍♂️

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Copy the image code from Flickr and paste it in your post (under the share menu). Glad the car is shaping up for you.

trillobite

Reaction score
Beautiful car... I just got my 98 Accord LX back from my mom (she didn't have a car for a whole year, so I let her borrow the Accord). The first thing my girlfriend and I did... BEACH! 200 miles in one day :)

Back