Key question

Robertl

Reaction score
So I ordered on ebay what I thought was a 10 pack of tbe black master key blanks but ended up being a 10 pack of the gray valet key blank. Can I use my current master key and copy its cut to the gray blank?

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
If you just want a key for the locks and trunk than yes. If you want a ignition key than you need to make sure the valet keys have the chip in it (never seen one that didnt but double check) and take them and your original key down to honda to have it programmed and cut. Call some lock smiths first some can program it at ur location and usually cheaper.

Robertl

Reaction score
I actually can program it myself I have a sure I that can do it. I just wanted to make sure the gray valet key can be cloned to my master key and that it was not limited to the cut

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Pretty sure it can but you might want to do some research. I have not had to cut any honda keys only the programming. I have cut a few toyota valet keys and they worked without a hitch. If you find they do work post up please.

Robertl

Reaction score
True but than it disables the obd2 port and I need that for texas emissions test

Back