Dont hate me, help needed

HelpMeBuild13

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to this forum and also new to owning a 6th gen Accord. I have a 2001 sedan with the ULEV f23a4 I believe. I was wondering if anyone in California knows a shop that can help me do a j32 swap and have it pass bar inspection for street legal purposes. Just looking for a point in the right direction. Or if anyone has bar'd another engine in this car in ca, like what legal option do we have

INK DEMON

Reaction score
You can drop a prelude engine in. In California the engine you put in has to be from a car the same year or newer to pass the referee inspection. Plus the H series engines are going to be an easier conversion than the J on that car since it came with a 4 banger.

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Agreed way too expensive to swap a j32 into a accord with a f series. If your set on that sell your accord and find a clean 6th gen that already has a j30. So either you can swap a h22-23 or you can turbo the f series. A fellow cali member is already doing so on the same f23a4 as yours. His post is few down from yours, SAccord is his username.

Back