Can a 1998 Accord start if you just remove immobilizer chip?

OldGangster

Reaction score
Hello all, I read an old post from 2010 in the engine and transmission mods forum. They were discussing the doctronic immobilizer bypass board. I'm trying to order one now. In the meantime if I just desolder the immobilizer chip off the ecu, will this allow me to start the car?
Thanks for any help

Wally

finch13

Reaction score
No, the other chips on the board are still going to try and utilize the immobilizer chip. You either need to have it tuned out or spoof the signal with your bypass board.

OldGangster

Reaction score
Finch13, Thanks for reply. How do you tune it out? T.$.Racing, because I can't start my car and I don't have time or money for this mickey mouse electronic bulls**t.

rockstroh89

Reaction score
False Information in this thread from everyone who’s responded lol. I bought an ecu with the key and ignition, ended up losing the key. Did some digging online and found a video on YouTube how to remove it and which chip it was. Ecu was practically trash at that point I thought so decided to say screw it. Anyways ended up literally bending and breaking the immobolizer out of the ecu and it works perfectly fine. Car starts, runs and drives, vtec works, everything. Now without running an emulator to fool the immobolizer there are a couple issues. CEL will always be on and the obd2 port will no longer work

rockstroh89

Reaction score
No, the other chips on the board are still going to try and utilize the immobilizer chip. You either need to have it tuned out or spoof the signal with your bypass board.
This is incorrect information you’re spreading FYI.

98V6Accord

Reaction score
I think I saw a video where someone removed it.

I think it took a few more seconds to turn over every start? Correct me if I'm wrong

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
False Information in this thread from everyone who’s responded lol. I bought an ecu with the key and ignition, ended up losing the key. Did some digging online and found a video on YouTube how to remove it and which chip it was. Ecu was practically trash at that point I thought so decided to say screw it. Anyways ended up literally bending and breaking the immobolizer out of the ecu and it works perfectly fine. Car starts, runs and drives, vtec works, everything. Now without running an emulator to fool the immobolizer there are a couple issues. CEL will always be on and the obd2 port will no longer work

Sounds way better than just having a duplicate key made at any Ace Hardware or locksmith for $60..... :rolleyes:

2pac

Reaction score
is the chip in the key necessary only for starting the engine, or for running it too?

Back