Saying Goodbye... For Real This Time

Accordx

Reaction score
Hey 6th Gen fam, last time I was on here I had just ordered a JDM F23 MCJA auto trans to swap into my Accord. I said I'd give y'all an update when I was finished so here it is. Took me a couple weeks to get the transmission in and everything swapped but I eventually got it all put back together. The car ran fine but it was apparent immediately that the transmission I had received from JDM Orlando was even worse than my old BAXA (which I had already gotten rid of). Park to reverse and drive was so shaky and 1st to 2nd and vice versa was always hesitant. Anyways, I was gone for two weeks and just got home, and I leave for college tomorow so I wanted to take my Accord around town one last time tonight since I'm not taking it with me. Drove for maybe 20 minutes when I was cruising at about 30mph and the check engine light came on and I got the dreaded flashing D4 light. I limped the car home since it didnt want anything to do with 3rd gear for some reason. Ran the code and it came up as P1751. I pretty much knew that the trans was toast before I even looked up the code. Given that I'm leaving for college tomorrow, the time has come for me to say goodbye to this car. I just don't have the spare time or money for it anymore unfortunately. It has been such a good run, this car taught me so much, as well as this forum. I'd like to thank anyone who ever helped me out on here or even took the time to read any of my posts, out of every car related forum I've been a part of this is definitely my favorite. Forever gonna appreciate the Accord, it was such a good first car to me, but it's time to move on. Thank you for taking the time to read this post, I guess this is goodbye (for now). I'll try not to be a stranger :)

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Sucks, bad part about used parts. Just had to replace a prius transmission twice due to bad used unit. Have any cars your looking to replace it with?

Accordx

Reaction score
Sucks, bad part about used parts. Just had to replace a prius transmission twice due to bad used unit. Have any cars your looking to replace it with?
Well I'm gonna have to go back to my parents 2001 BMW X5 4.4i that I was using while the Accord was down and that'll get me through college the next few years. After I get out of college and hopefully get a career started I wanna pick up an early 2000s Lexus IS300 to daily for a couple years since I think one would make a super clean daily and they're pretty low profile. Would just get the last couple miles out of that 2JZ and then probably pick up something newer after any student loan debt gets paid off. That's my loose plan at least, I'm sure things are gonna change lol

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
The first gen is300 are very reliable, ive worked on quite a few, not to mention the looks still look great to this day. Good choice, hope you find a clean one.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That's a shame, but sometimes things don't go the way you want. Gonna scrap it? Good luck with school and the IS300 search, pretty hard to find one that isn't beat. Hope the X5 lasts without any major needs haha.

Accordx

Reaction score
That's a shame, but sometimes things don't go the way you want. Gonna scrap it? Good luck with school and the IS300 search, pretty hard to find one that isn't beat. Hope the X5 lasts without any major needs haha.
Going to try and sell it for a couple hundred bucks if I can before sending it to the scrapyard. Thanks for all your help and replies in the past couple years, I've appreciated it :)

Accordx

Reaction score
Just a little update, sold my Accord a couple weeks ago and I've been looking at is300's since. Taking a look at one this weekend so hoping it's in good condition :)
Not sure if people still really sell parts on here but when I get home I'm gonna take a look and see if I have any extra Accord parts to give away

Back