Comparing a couple cars, input? *bought - page 2*

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welp, in the end we couldn't deny the utility and price of a used minivan with a 3rd row being a necessity, with captain's chairs in the 2nd. Picked up this 2010 Odyssey EX w/80k miles, paid cash. All recalls have been performed, it has a good maintenance history, and we talked the price down considerably. Only thing that really bothers me is all the blank switch covers, didn't realize EX trim is not as high end as it used to be haha, now it's 2 steps from the bottom. My wife doesn't care though.

Body is straight, paint is just ok (don't think previous owner ever waxed it), there's a small rust spot on driver door, but it's mechanically sound and the interior is in great shape. Motor and transmission are smooth, and everything works. So far I've just replaced the front door checkers, and I will be replacing other worn parts. I also replaced the license plate and reverse light bulbs with LED's, I had to do SOMETHING. :lawl:

I would love to mod it, of course...there is an HFP lip kit, some cool parts from Sarona, could use a projector retrofit, would love to add some OEM+ goodies from higher trim models, lower it an inch or two, etc. But I doubt any of that will happen haha. However, even my wife wants some nicer wheels than these piddly 16's, so will be looking for something since none of my Accord wheels will fit it. I might get the blackhoused clear headlights and do a custom grill. Desperately needs an LED 3rd brake light.

I gotta admit, this thing is growing on me. :ugh:

20190921_151238 by C B, on Flickr

20190921_151259 by C B, on Flickr

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
i always liked odys. they do good burnouts :lawl: congrats on the purchase!

haha well it's no Bisimoto Ody. But I joined a forum/FB group and people do crazy stuff with these, the non USDM versions are cooler looking though.

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! Lots of pontenial, you got to at least get tint on the front windows. You should do what i did, i let my wife pick rims for her camry, it started the bug now she wants more.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! Lots of pontenial, you got to at least get tint on the front windows. You should do what i did, i let my wife pick rims for her camry, it started the bug now she wants more.

Thanks, yea I'll have to figure out what the rear windows are and then match the fronts. Nice tactic haha, I'll give it a try. She asked if we could put my A-spec wheels on it, which I was willing to try until I realized the Ody is 5x120.

Last edited:
Back