RR's '99 coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hittin the streets again. The car sat for several months in the garage, put in a new battery and it fired right up with zero drama. What a machine this thing has been for the 141k miles and 12.5 years I've owned it. I missed driving it and am excited to be behind the wheel again, though I am being reminded now how firm the ride is haha. It needs a few things but nothing major.

Has 211k miles now, the only thing really failing is the paint. Oh and the rust spots, but we don't talk about that.

20191110_171618 by C B, on Flickr

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
12.5 years!? :Whoa: holy crap, man, that's a long time :lawl: i had both of my 6gs for a combined 10 years total and thought that was a lot. i wouldn't have wanted either of them for 12.5 years though :lawl:

the only thing i noticed when i let my accord sit after i got my frs was the brake calipers in the front started sticking. i got a couple good direct hits on some sunken manhole covers on the affected side and viola, worked fine afterwards :lawl: also had to jump the thing once too because i let it sit for like a month without being driven weekly haha.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^haha, if I hadn't swapped the drivetrain I don't know if it would have stuck around this long either. But between that and some other reasons, I'm holding onto it. When the body gets bad enough, if it makes sense to restore (or wrap) it I will, or I will finally part out all the OG goodies and sell it as is or donate/scrap it.

It was funny, somewhat recently someone in the 6GA FB group made an OG roll call post and many people from the old 6GA/V6P days turned up, more still had their Accords than I thought haha.

That's a handy fix for seized calipers haha. I jumped it once after it had been sitting 2 months or so, then it sat longer after the rear wheel hub bearings needed replaced and at that point needed a new battery. That's when I invested in a trickle charger haha. Some people have said they just disconnect the battery cables over winter and it's fine come Spring, I don't understand that.

TurboAccord99

Reaction score
Good to see your car is still around. Still have mine, but she is still waiting to be swapped like yours. Had her since 99...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
If you ever decide to part her out can I be the first to have dibs on the front bumper and front lip? :)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Good to see your car is still around. Still have mine, but she is still waiting to be swapped like yours. Had her since 99...

Wow and I thought I had mine a long time, that is impressive! How many miles? And what is the holdup with the swap?

If you ever decide to part her out can I be the first to have dibs on the front bumper and front lip? :)

Sure, if you want to come to Ohio and pick them up haha.

TurboAccord99

Reaction score
Wow and I thought I had mine a long time, that is impressive! How many miles? And what is the holdup with the swap?

Mine is still low mileage, want to say less than 80k, but this is mostly due to it being garage kept for the last 5+ years due to a slipping transmission. Trying to get a good grasp of the wiring before embarking on this work. I have Richie’s module, but wanted to do a true swap. Life and procrastination has definitely not helped to get this started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score

Sure, if you want to come to Ohio and pick them up haha.
I’d be down! I can catch a flight there and drive a rental back lol. I can’t find any OEM front lips at all... I’m getting desperate.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Mine is still low mileage, want to say less than 80k, but this is mostly due to it being garage kept for the last 5+ years due to a slipping transmission. Trying to get a good grasp of the wiring before embarking on this work. I have Richie’s module, but wanted to do a true swap. Life and procrastination has definitely not helped to get this started.

Wow that is low mileage. I get it, if a project sits long enough it's easy to lose some or all motivation for it. If you ever want it to happen you just gotta get back into it. Longest part for me was sourcing all the parts and not paying an arm and a leg.

I’d be down! I can catch a flight there and drive a rental back lol. I can’t find any OEM front lips at all... I’m getting desperate.

Now that's dedication haha. They are a bitch to find, I have not seen one in years.

Back