Evan's 05 TL 6MT

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Hmm ok. I am all for shifts feeling more mechanical, though it seems hard to imagine mine could get any more mechanical. Operating my shifter feels like a bolt action rifle haha. Might look into this. Wonder if there is one on the ATS I could remove, that shifter could definitely stand to feel more mechanical.

I have always wanted a lighter flywheel, but not sure how much lighter you can go with everything else being stock and not throw off the engine balance. I feel like the revs in my Accord are pretty lively, but maybe a flywheel that was 8-10 lbs less would be perfect.

I'd be willing to bet the ATS has one. Too modern to not, in my opinion. I do want a lighter flywheel as well, but for now the dual-mass will have to do.

On the other hand, I just did a 800 mile road trip down to Helen, GA and back in the TL. Got to do some mountain roads in it, and it was a great time. LSD trans feels much better than the Accord's, so I'll have to swap my spare TL trans in there sometime lol. No issues with the motor or drivetrain, all of which were just taken apart and put back in a month prior. Feels good and scary at the same time, knowing that I took an engine apart and put it back together and nothing has broken.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
I guess year end report for the TL is in order.

After pulling the engine twice in January and doing essentially a refreshed engine (new gaskets, valve job/seals, head gaskets, etc) and putting it back together, she has been reliable as ever. Recently put a Tsudo cat-back exhaust and a third cat delete on it. I'll get a video of that when I get finished with this current round of maintenance.

I've done brakes all the way around, parking brake shoes, clutch master cylinder, and a few other things to it this year. Still need to install the coilovers I have sitting around for it too.

Untitled by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

Also yes, I rarely take photos of this car lol

Random question: Can we not edit the first post anymore on this new platform? I am given the option to edit my last reply on the thread, but not the first post where I want to put updates in, like my Accord page is?

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Car looks good. Nice job on the engine work, bet you learned a lot.

Richard has the same issue, I have brought it to admin attention a couple times and no one has done anything about it. Try messaging them I guess.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Car looks good. Nice job on the engine work, bet you learned a lot.

Richard has the same issue, I have brought it to admin attention a couple times and no one has done anything about it. Try messaging them I guess.

Yea, it is kind of dead in here anymore. Thanks for the props though

jypatric

Reaction score
Looks nice! I'm curious about the sound of the Tsudo catback.

Back