F23a1 and f23a4

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
You do realize gas mileage goes down as the motor ages, as well as the epa numbers for gas mileage is often off. Most real world cars do not meet estimated mpg numbers. Also the mpg numbers for these accords was prior to the ethanol added crap gas available now. I doubt anyone hits their mpg numbers.

Food for thought, individual driving habits effect this as well.

Now do you know you always got 400mpg to the tank?
We are all just trying to help you out before you drop money replacing a motor that may or may not give you worst gas mileage than before. Hope this helps you.

20accoedex01

Reaction score
I got this car with a blown head gasket, replaced the gasket had head grinded. I fill up ND by the time I have gone 120 miles I'm at half tank. I know my 01 accord lx f23a1 got like 370 on a tank of gas and both cars currently have 170k on them

Shawn Nanan

Reaction score
I would like to tag in here and ask a question. I have a 2000 Coupe and the previous owner swapped the F23A4 motor out and replaced it with a low mileage F23A1, however, they neglected to replace the ECU. I had to change the cat and both 02 sensors and the drama began. Since that I have swapped the distributor (2x), MAP sensor(2x), VTEC(2x), IDACV, battery (2x), Upstream 02 (3x) I tried to locate the ECU and tried 5 different ECU's and they all kept giving the upstream 02 sensor code and I found that all 5 ECU's was not sending power to that 02, so I had to go back to the old ECU. Now I am getting P1381 code and this is why I have replaced the distributor twice, when the car is driven for along period like an hour or so and under 70 mph driving (no racing or anything stupid) the code pops again. I have seen comments about checking the alternator and it is getting 14.2 reading and the battery is brand new. I am stumped and the only thing I can think of now is check/replace wire harness or brand new ECU, thoughts? The car is clean and I have replaced almost everything except the power steering pump and the transmission solenoid under the hood.

Back