coolant leak throttle body 98 Accord 4cyl

bruce9432

Reaction score
Smelled coolant and found this nipple coming from the throttle body leaking as if someone drilled a hole.,Engine is a Japanese reuse engine I had installed 100,000 miles ago. SEE Pics, one is blurry but you can see coolant coming out.

Thinking JB Weld unless someone has more sage advice. Owned since new, 325,000 total miles brought to you by Aamco life time transmission guarantee (on the third one). But if this is money then it's the swan song for this ole boy (used good cars right now are cheap)

20200126_104607.jpg

20200126_104615.jpg

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
I would attempt jb weld, should be able to hold fine, the hole looks rather small. If not a used throttle body shouldnt be too much and is a easy swap.

joboy77

Reaction score
With a hole in a metal pipe like that JB weld is your best bet. Just make sure it's clean and dry and let it set before refilling it.

dpham671

Reaction score
I'd go to a salvage yard if I was you. JB weld may or may not hold. I see you are in California and if your mechanically inclined wand wanna DYI, there's a place called LKQ Pick Your Parts here in Cali. They are a big company so I'm sure there's one near you. Just use there store locator. I just looked up your throttle body and it's $37.15 plus core charge is 2 bucks. They charge a small environmental fee not too sure what it is but you can get a good one for under $45. But if you want to get it cheaper they have a sale on all parts at 40 percent off Feb. 15,16, and 17. So it's like what a little over 20 bucks? They even can warranty it for $11.14. https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/ I know I'm gonna be there on the 15th. Gonna try and snag them CL-S rims at 20 bucks each.Oh yeah and rear sway bars and steering wheel lol. Good luck

Back