Free-Pioneer Pioneer AVIC-F900BT with some issues, pick up or plus shipping

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I just got a new HU with Apple Car play so I don't need this. It actually sounds better than the Alpine it replaced. It is a navigation unit, with built in navigation, that doesn't use your phone, which is good when you are out side of range. That's the good.

The bad. Touch screen is glitchy, sometimes it randomly will just think it is getting pressed which messes up navigation, audio sources, etc. I also customized it at some point in time so it gets rid of Points of Interest, so looking for a restaurant or gas station doesn't work anymore. The knob has seen 15 years of wear and tear. It also sometimes does not recognize my iPod, not sure if it is the HU or iPod. Those are things that are not from the factory. CD/DVD player works fine but it occasionally struggles to eject a CD.

It also takes a long time to load (no longer than factory, just an issue these HU's always had), has no phone integration other than Bluetooth wireless calling (but has an Aux in), and is simply old.

The pro's (for free) is you get 3 preamp outs, USB (for iPod, USB thumbdrives, USB HD's), and SD card reader, rear camera input (though laggy too), and a lot of customization of sound with several features and EQ.

I plan to recycle the unit about a week from today (2/1/2020) but figured if someone wants it, it really isn't worth buying. I think this would be for someone who wants to start building out a custom stereo but may not know the features they really want or need right now, a cosmetic upgrade from the stock CD/Tape or whatever you got factory, or someone who wants to tamper and play around with customization without any worry about messing it up. They still seem to have support on eBay for fixes, so it may be fixable, but I will say, if this was factory out the box, it still would be frustrating to use this older unit, but it does look nice and this forum has treated me well so I hope someone needs it.

Local pick up preferred strongly, I am willing to ship, but I may just come up with a rate I think they will charge, and only refund if shipping is drastically cheaper. PM me for any info, I will try to remember to get pictures before I install my new one.

Back