jerrychoochoo's 01 Taffeta White Accord Sedan LX "Build"

Mark2001Accord

Reaction score
Nice bumper.

Ebay had painted bumpers for the 2000 Accords, but I notice they have this PAD where the license plate is. Any vendor that sells painted bumpers that do not have the PAD for a 2000 Accord sedan?

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
yeah quality is good but u can always shop Ebay. i just got my wheels from them and saved alot of money negotiating with the seller. i got my camber arms there and saved again! now my car is real low in front. our 6GENS have no camber adjustments so i got godspeed ones versus skunk or something like that. ill put my car on my profile so u can see. not to familiar how to do it on the site?? guess im a little slow? and low!!! lol
Don't get me wrong, I've bought car parts from eBay. I actually bought my coilovers from there and they were cheap as hell lol. But yeah man the car is looking good! What wheels did you end up getting?

Really loving how far the car has come Jerry. Those wheels really set the car off!
Instead of plastidipping the white bar behind your grill, you should swap it out with a coupe bumper support. You can cop them for like 30ish off Rockauto and they'll come in black. It'll help secure your grille and bumper better.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
Thanks man I love the Kosei's but I want a different color. Oh nice, thats a good idea, thanks man!

Nice bumper.

Ebay had painted bumpers for the 2000 Accords, but I notice they have this PAD where the license plate is. Any vendor that sells painted bumpers that do not have the PAD for a 2000 Accord sedan?
Yeah man I love this bumper, it looks so clean. To be honest, I have no idea why I didn't tell my painter to shave off the license plate tabs, it would've looked so much better. FML

Reaction score
i got AV1 AVID38. 18X8.5 front 35 offset and 18x9.5 rear 38 offset staggered i had my fenders rolled other wise they would not fit. got to wait awhile to put them on because i have to spend some money on some bills, but im sure u know that problem. but ill give it about a month and ill have them on. and yeah got to watch out for the cheap coil overs on ebay! but sometimes u can get lucky and get some good stuff that will preform to the level u want. for me its not about the looks, i want what i buy to live up to my expectations! i used to do some unprofessional racing with the PCA. Porsche club of america and POC Porsche owners club. lots of fun but very expensive!! thats why i spent the money on MEGAN RACING coil overs. rite now i have Accelera tires on my stock wheels. PH1-R 215/55 16 97W lower profile but great grip!! these cars dont have a dead pedal for looks!!

Last edited:

Dave Accord

Reaction score
Finally! Someone else on this forum besides me, it's starting to feel like a ghost town haha.

I'm here! I am very impressed with your car.

I am a new owner of a 2000 Honda Accord LX that is also Taffeta White but is an automatic. My car is completely stock.* Carfax does say that it was brought back to the dealer around 2006 or so to have an accessory installed but I haven't figured out what it was.

My Accord has the ULEV VTEC 2.3L 4 cylinder engine and the car is a Sayama (Japan) built car, which is not the most common of the 2000 USDM Accords.

My car looks almost like Jerry's except the wheel covers for 2000 are a little different design. Mine on the passenger side are all scratched up around the outer one-third due to poor parallel parking. Perhaps sand them down and paint them silver again? My bumpers also have scrapes (not dents) but the car has no body damage otherwise.

*EDIT: Maybe worse than stock. Was the stock tires Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus 195/65R15? My car has worse tires.

Last edited:

KONG

Reaction score
*EDIT: Maybe worse than stock. Was the stock tires Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus 195/65R15? My car has worse tires.

stock tires that my Accord came with
Resized_20190106_100538_zpsebwcwbt7.jpg
Resized_20190106_100538_zpsebwcwbt7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
Well.. I bought an S14 today, very unexpected lol. I already have a buyer for the Accord, he just put in a deposit yesterday and she will be sold on the 26th. Very bitter sweet but I’ve been making a lot of impulse decisions and not regretting it.

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
Sorry to see your accord go but nice choice on a replacement. Any plans for the nissan?
LOTS. Right now she has:

- MaXpeeding Rod coilovers (again lol)
- new camber arms
- double din with back up camera
- 12 inch sub
- some ugly ass Drag wheels (will be replaced ASAP)
- slotted rotors
- eBay window visor & rear visor (will be removed)
- tint (I fuckin hate tint, so it will be removed as well)

And probably some other goodies I can’t think of. The car is auto sadly, but I have enough funds for an auto to manual swap. I’m going to buy some 17 inch OEM G35 wheels, I might buy OEM window visors, ISR blast pipes, and I’ll definitely slam it. I’ll post some pics in a couple of days.

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score

https://www.flickr.com/photos/b74p_dc4/
Here she is fellas. I took off the horrendous 18's and bought 17 inch OEM G35 wheels. I'm going to take off the Plastidip whenever I have time. I'm so hyped for this car, I just took my board exam and I'm officially a Registered Respiratory Therapist! Can't wait for that RT money to roll in haha..

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Looks good, i like the g35 rims. It looks to be in good shape, cant wait to see what you do with it.

Back