Parents won't let me mod

Negiking

Reaction score
Hahaha i remember back when i first got my car it was a 96 civic. Everything was going great...wheels paint job headlights and other mods. My parents would nah me on the daily especially when i had an exaughst -.- of course now that I'm older they still worry about me financially but now its my GF nagging me all the time :p im just glad when holidays and anniversaries come Rollin around she helps me get thoes hard to get parts xD

Either way the nagging will never stop but as long as you can show that you wont go blowing every cent and can't make the next rent payment they really can't say much else. Plus everytime my gf gets on me i just point to her shoe closet lmaooo ;P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dual

Reaction score
Bro almost everyone here is a boomer that doesn’t know how to have fun. I know you’re like 22 now man, and probably have forgotten about this thread, but I’m almost 20 and I’m still in the same boat as you, my parents won’t let me mod the car because it’s a waste of money, blah blah blah. They’ve said that they understand, but it’s bs, they’ve never had the same love for a car that you or I have. I found this post trying to find info on how my parents can understand how I feel about cars, and to possibly convince them to let me do basic nondamaging mods, like stripping the trunk and a possible straight pipe. But I hope you’ve been able to mod since then

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Bro almost everyone here is a boomer that doesn’t know how to have fun. I know you’re like 22 now man, and probably have forgotten about this thread, but I’m almost 20 and I’m still in the same boat as you, my parents won’t let me mod the car because it’s a waste of money, blah blah blah. They’ve said that they understand, but it’s bs, they’ve never had the same love for a car that you or I have. I found this post trying to find info on how my parents can understand how I feel about cars, and to possibly convince them to let me do basic nondamaging mods, like stripping the trunk and a possible straight pipe. But I hope you’ve been able to mod since then

Is the car theirs? If not, you're an adult and its your vehicle. That being said if you still live at their house I don't blame them for not wanting to hear some haggered straight piped Accord every day. You'll make a whole lot of obnoxious noise, and actually lose power in the process. Leave your trunk alone too. Dumb mods like that will bring you a lot of attention from all the wrong places. When you make the car look/sound like a punk kid drives it, the cops will assume a punk kid drives it.

Start simple. Ebay cold air intake, do your own routine maintenance, pads/rotors, plugs and wires, etc.

Back