6 speed swap parts list! (organized)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^no, V6 is V6. Should all be pretty much the same. I have seen more instances where people had the master cylinder imprint in their coupe firewall than sedan, but some sedans have had it. There always some unknowns but nothing that can't be figured out.

Tito_CG3

Reaction score
Its been 3 years already sense I did my 6 speed swap i dont drive the car much but recently when I have taken it out for a spin the clutch catch point starts to move up every time I press the clutch pedal to shift until there is no catch point anymore. I replace the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder hoping that would fix the problem but no luck. What i did notice is that the clutch pedal does pump fluid and not once has gotten stuck, also the slave cylinder stays open and dosent retract like if the master cylinder was press all the way in, i had to open the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder and it released some air and plenty of pressurized fluid i checked all clutch lines bleed the system all over again and the problem is still there. I payed more attention and the whole clutch pedal itself including the base has some play and its only held by two nuts witch are for the master cylinder. I dont know if anyone has came across this issue before, but if someone that has a 6speed swap can upload a picture of their clutch pedal to see how its held, and hopefully some detail on clutch pedal installation would be very helpful and appreciated.

Scorp

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums. I have a 01 Accord V6. And the auto trans is dying. Now I have located a 04 Acura TL with a bad 3.2l I has the 6 speed manual. What am I going to need off this car to install the 6 speed into my car? I know the basics. But I read engine harness. How much of it? From the engine to the ECU? Am I going to need any thing else from the harness? I bought the whole car for $200. Drove it home before the motor died. So I have a complete car.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums. I have a 01 Accord V6. And the auto trans is dying. Now I have located a 04 Acura TL with a bad 3.2l I has the 6 speed manual. What am I going to need off this car to install the 6 speed into my car? I know the basics. But I read engine harness. How much of it? From the engine to the ECU? Am I going to need any thing else from the harness? I bought the whole car for $200. Drove it home before the motor died. So I have a complete car.

The trans, starter, clutch, flywheel, flywheel bolts, shifter linkage, axles, mounts/bolts, clutch & brake pedal assy's and associated sensors. I would pull the entire engine harness and label all plugs as you do it also. I would probably replace the clutch & flywheel while you're doing the swap as well.

98V6Accord

Reaction score
I used a cl type s for mine

Your 6 speed tl shifter box...I don't think the TL will fit.

I had a dealer at acura take the acura key and acura ecu and sync it to my honda key so the immobilizer would work.

I have a spare 03 cl 6speed ecu...I think I have a key too

I also needed the imrc valve box (intake manifold runner control valve.)
Small black box by the hood release...goes to the acutator on rear of intake manifold

You may need a CL wiring harness and cl ecu...I had mine spliced into the cl ecu with no issues.

mattdamon33

Reaction score
Good morning guys, I have been looking for a while and contacted richie (didnt get a response, prolly on me), if I cant find the "richie box" what are my alternatives.

EDIT just read it on the previous page, ty guys for this thread, very much appriciated cant wait to get started

Back