Plans and parts sourcing

Thumper0326

Reaction score
Most of my auto experience comes in on GM vehicles, mostly motor and audio, but I've got this Accord and I'm determined to have fun with it over the next 6 months or so. I want to make it look great but I doubt I'll do any motor performance upgrades save for a good exhaust system for sound and an intake for looks.

01' LX Sedan V6, Naples Gold, fully stock minus window tint so far. I'll paint it after the body is complete, going to stick with something similar to Naples Gold, slightly darker and metallic.

Since I joined the forum I've read through quite a few threads for ideas and answers but searching doesn't always lead to answers. Other than Carid.com where is a good place to source body kits? I've come across bodykits.com and drivenbystyle.com. The R34 style and Blits style body kits I like but everyone is using the same stock photos so it's hard to determine which route I want to go, probably R34 though. I will be keeping my stock spoiler, I think it looks good.

As far hoods go, the 4DR XTREME GT carbon fiber hood on the dbs site looks great but I hate carbon fiber look, can that be painted? The fenders I want are the Duraflex F-1 fenders, they look good and would work well with the r34 kit I think. Andros Spec K 18x8's, +45 offset, in matte gray with 215/45-18 tires (recommended) is what I will ride on.

Lights I'm still researching there's lots of info here I'm reading up on and the same goes for audio and suspension so I think I can figure those parts out. But any info/advice on the body parts and wheels would be helpful and appreciated.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The best way to improve the fun factor on an automatic 6GA is a manual transmission swap. If that is not an option, upgrade the suspension for better handling, install an intake and exhaust for sound, and you'll have a little more fun.

These cars had a poor aftermarket, largely because there is no JDM version of this bodystyle. There was some quality stuff, but that's all pretty hard to find by now so a lot of what people get is off Ebay (BaysonR makes some OE style front lips, etc), and modify parts off other Honda/Acura models.

Hoods can be painted. I was not big on carbon fiber so I painted my roof spoiler to match the car. Another guy put a light coat of semi-transparent paint over his carbon fiber hood/trunk which made it blend with the body more but also still left the CF plenty visible and gave an overall cool look.

If the fenders and what not allow for wider/lower offset wheels I would go that route. Imo it doesn't look very good when people pull fenders, add flares, change fenders, etc...but then have wheels with specs that are not aggressive enough to fill it out.

PS if you want a set of badass pedal covers I haven't found anything cooler than Sullivan Racing Products (SRPRacing.com).

Thumper0326

Reaction score
My interior I probably won't mess with much, I'm liking the tan leather. If I could find something more aggressive but similar to the style of the spec k rims I'd probably go for it but it's the "simple/clean" look I'm going for on the wheels.

A manual swap would be great, I enjoy manuals but I don't want to DD a manual cause my left knee is garbage lol. The suspension threads I will dig into more in the future, thinking about air ride

Back