New guy with transmission questions

Scorp

Reaction score
My daughter and I just acquired a 2001 accord with the 3.0l . The body and interior are both in really good shape. The only problem with the car is the transmission. I am in able to find a replacement around us anywhere. But we are finding a lot of Honda Odyssey's around us with low mileage. Will those transmissions work in our car? Our other thought is to rebuild the one we have. The torque converter won't lock up in ours anymore. Thoughts , input, advise is all very welcome. We doing this to spend time together but on a budget.

Devin Dean

Reaction score
Hey man if it’s a B7XA (v6 4-speed auto) they’re known for bad torque converters, not sure about BAXA. I’m starting to see same problem even at 117k. I’m gonna replace the solenoids and seals as well. I don’t think the odyssey’s fits. Shouldn’t be too hard or expensive, lmk how it goes!:)

Bonus Info: 4th seems to be the most fragile. I use 2nd on steep hills fine and 3rd the rest of time up to 50 mph.
Also if it bucks into reverse, try shifting to 4th quick before reverse.
Hope this helped a lil.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try www.car-part.com - They're out there or a reputable shop that could rebuild it.

Where in Mich are you? I "might" have a buddy who still has his old auto laying around. No idea if its still good or not

98V6Accord

Reaction score
I have a v6 3.0 auto trans. Has about 120k. I'm in MD. Let me know if you're interested. Have the torque converter too.

Back