Richard's '03 CL-S 6MT

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Ordered Injen CAI with hydro-shield filter cover, P2R I.M. Adapter + gaskets, Maguire's Air Re-Fresher canister, and cabin air filters. A bunch of aftermarket parts this time!

Remarks: Updated:10/16/2020
  1. -Rear right brake- Scratching sound when the wheel rotates. Either the parking brake or the pad.
  2. -Oil pressure Switch- The area is leaking but I need to double check on this again.
  3. -Cabin Air Filters- Pretty sure they're nasty AF.
  4. -SRS Air Bag Service Recall- Need to visit the dealership before the swap happens.
  5. -L. Headlight wiring- It's not turning on, and it keeps blowing out the fuse. Makes me want to replace the whole wire harnesses now haha.
  6. -Fuel injection- When it fires up at a start, it ignites fine but the fuel sounds like it isn't getting injected / pumped out effectively. Got the fuel injector relay replaced very recently but I feel like the fuel pump is due soon. Accord is doing a similar thing on a rare occasion, but if it's really the fuel pump, I'll hold on to this, since the pumps aren't interchangeable and not related to the swap. Added the fuel injector cleaner to the tank.
  7. -Spool Valve- Waited until 4800 RPM, but I still can't hear the VTEC kicking in yo. The spool valve housing / the solenoid is probably done. I might leave this as is, and transfer the one from my Accord, when the swap begins, since they're interchangeable.
  8. -P.S. Rack- It's leaking but I'll ignore this since it's not a swap-related issue.
  9. -Passenger's side seat- It isn't reclining lol. I bet there's a coin or something stuck between the gear mills.
  10. -Audio Head Unit- The Bose radio works nice, but the compact disc playa is not in the game. I might buy a used oem head unit from eBay, since getting it fixed by the dealership will be in a higher price.

Maintenance List (Motor Swap-wise):
– Motor and transmission mounts
– Throttle body gasket
– Throttle Body Cleaning
– Throttle position sensor gasket
– Cylinder Head Covers ----- (From the Accord)
– Cylinder Head Cover Gasket Sets ----- (#12030-P8A-A00)
– Valve Cover Gasket
– Valve Clearance Adjustment
– Rubber Grommets
– Air intake ----- (Injen CAI #RD1660P)
– Exhausts Manifold ----- (DC Sports #HHS5528)
– Exhausts manifold gaskets
– Head gaskets
– EGR Valve & Gasket ----- Done!
– EGR Block off plate??
– Spark plugs ----- Done!
– Spark plug wires (leads)
– Ignition coils ----- Done!
– Distributor Rotor
– Drive belt
– Timing belt ----- Done! @ 108K mi
– Tension pulley
– Idler pulley
– Water pump ----- Done! @ 108K mi
– Oil pump
– Pressure relief valve
– Main Seal (Front & Rear)
– Spool Valve Filter Housing ----- (From the Accord)
– Axle Seals
– Oil Pan Gasket
– Thermostat ----- (From the Accord)
– Radiator hoses Upper ----- (From the Accord)
– Radiator hoses Lower
– Alternator
– Starter
– Clutch
– Flywheel
– Fuel Rail
– Injectors
– Water temperature sensor
– Fuel Pump

J37 Intake Manifold Swap Parts List: (w/o getting the Butterfly Bypass Valve Actuator**)
– OEM ‘09-'14 TL SH-AWD #17160-RK2-A00 ----- MANIFOLD, IN.
– OEM ‘09-'14 TL SH-AWD #17105-RCJ-A01 ----- GASKET, IN. MANIFOLD
– OEM '08-'11 ACCORD V6 AT** #17116-R70-A00 ----- COVER, IN. MANIFOLD (UPPER)
– OEM ‘09-'14 TL SH-AWD #17146-R70-A01 ----- GASKET, IN. MANIFOLD COVER (UPPER)
– OEM ‘09-'14 TL SH-AWD #17181-RCJ-A00 ----- PIPE, EGR
– OEM ‘09-'14 TL SH-AWD #90104-RCJ-A00 ----- BOLT, SPECIAL FLANGE (6X18) Qty.x10
– OEM ‘09-'14 TL SH-AWD #90201-P8E-A00 ----- NUT, CAP (6MM) Qty.x2
– OEM ‘09-'14 TL SH-AWD #92900-06014-0B ----- BOLT, STUD (6X14) Qty.x2
– OEM ‘09-'14 TL SH-AWD #92900-08050-3B ----- BOLT, STUD (8X50) Qty.x2
– OEM ‘09-'14 TL SH-AWD #94050-08080 ----- NUT, FLANGE (8MM) Qty.x2
– OEM ‘09-'14 TL SH-AWD #95701-06035-08 ----- BOLT, FLANGE (6X35) Qty.x2
– OEM ‘09-'14 TL SH-AWD #95701-08065-08 ----- BOLT, FLANGE (8X65) Qty.x7
– P2R '03 CL-S 6MT #P383 ----- J32 TO J37 ADAPTER, IN. MANIFOLD
– P2R '03 CL-S 6MT #P141 ----- GASKET, THROTTLE BODY
– P2R '09-'14 TL SH-AWD #P149 ----- GASKET, THROTTLE BODY

Last edited:

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
I love how detailed this thread is lol. I just picked up a CLS6 last night as a donor car and all of this information is definitely going to help! God bless you :)

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
it's all for helping things out haha. That's awesome! Are you thinking about getting the dash swapped as well?

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
it's all for helping things out haha. That's awesome! Are you thinking about getting the dash swapped as well?
Nahh i have a sedan so I don't know if it'll fit, plus I'd rather just drop the motor and trans in vs messing with the interior too much. Trying to see how to get the CL seats to fit the sedan....I think hguzman90 did it back in the day.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Send some photos of the car.
+1.

Nahh i have a sedan so I don't know if it'll fit, plus I'd rather just drop the motor and trans in vs messing with the interior too much. Trying to see how to get the CL seats to fit the sedan....I think hguzman90 did it back in the day.

Oh ok. Do you have the black interior? if you're, and willing to part it out in the future, you know who to sell that to. :Big Laugh:

You should get a hold of capsidx. He's a mechanic, and currently doing an interior swap for a 6gen.

P.S. If you're getting the J37 I.M. for your hood clearance, the P2R I.M. adapter piece is currently being revised, and it will become as a kit, w/o getting additional parts when ordering. It takes about 2 wks to process the order.:coffee:

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
+1.

Oh ok. Do you have the black interior? if you're, and willing to part it out in the future, you know who to sell that to. :Big Laugh:

You should get a hold of capsidx. He's a mechanic, and currently doing an interior swap for a 6gen.

P.S. If you're getting the J37 I.M. for your hood clearance, the P2R I.M. adapter piece is currently being revised, and it will become as a kit, w/o getting additional parts when ordering. It takes about 2 wks to process the order.:coffee:
Good call about the P2R package I'll have to get that when they're ready. Interior is yours if you want it haha! I'll let you know when I'm ready to get rid of the shell.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Good call about the P2R package I'll have to get that when they're ready. Interior is yours if you want it haha! I'll let you know when I'm ready to get rid of the shell.

When I ordered it last wk, they were kind enough to tell me about it right away. That's good to know, thanks! My dash is not really in a good condition haha. looking forward to seeing some pics of your car!

Back