2001 Accord H22A4 Build

l1nd3n

Reaction score
Yeah, I have had it going for several months now. If you see issues or have issues with it, let me know and i will correct the posting. I was learning a lot about honda wiring schematics at the time and getting confused pretty often by terms like, "wire side of female" and "terminal side of male. Getting those wrong, you can easily wire something reverse to what is was supposed to be.

But, yeah, it runs like a mad man after working some other bugs out.

I did new plugs, wires, cap, rotor and inner seal. Would like to do bearing but haven't yet.

Ccrew95

Reaction score
I've been staring at this thing all morning and certain I have it down as per the diagram in the upper right, but it just won't start. Was there anything outside of that diagram that you did?

l1nd3n

Reaction score
Let me see if I can get some pictures and verify my drawing again. Hold tight.

Can you fill me in a little more about your build? Your using the stock accord harness Im guessing. What about your ecu, which one are you using? I ended up getting the doctronics mobilizer bypass chip and swapping it in, in place of the stock immobilizer. It works, the only thing i have noticed is i have to wait 2 seconds before starting the car after turning the ignition on.

Where did your new motor come from, did you build it or buy the long block?
I ask because I built mine using the h22a4 crank and various other parts from it , then used the block, pistons and head from the h22a. I found out that the crank gear on the h22a was different from the h22a4, thus the crank pisition sensor was not picking up the signal properly. I remember doing a lot of comparison between the teeth on the h22a, h22a4 and my f23a1 gear. I really dont remeber which one i ended up using, the h22a4 or the f23 gear.

If there is any other info you have that may be useful, pass it along. I would like to hear that its up and running.

Ccrew95

Reaction score
I was able to figure it out using what I had before and changing it a bit with yours. I will post what I did differently shortly.

Ccrew95

Reaction score
So I wrapped it up once I figured it out and forgot to write down what I did. But basically I just switched around the 4 wires that go in to the F23 plug and it eventually worked.

GoldMetallicCG6

Reaction score
Hey I have the same swap 00 accord ex m/t with h22a4 swap. I did everything myself. So when I first did the swap the fact that my car a manufacturer m/t already I only had to do the distributor wiring part and ecu I used a obd2 p72 with the obd2 to obd2a jumper to run it. I wired in the butterfly valve and and did the iacv 3 to 2 wire. It was running good untill there was an wiring issue some of my wire crack and started touching each other so I had to swap out the engine harness. I swap it out but used the a/t harness now I know that the auto harness have some wire running a/t selinoid. And on of the plug that run into the dash techometer ex. My question is how did u wire up the speed sensor because the m/t have 3 wire and the auto only have 1 wire, second question is which wire r u talk about the blue and white wire that u said u had to ground it for the engine to fire up? I'm having a starting problem now after I swap out the harness the car will only crank and not start now. Oh and the temperature gauge what did u do to fix it mine after starting up the car it reads very hott the needle is all the way up. So I just install a after market temperature gauge but I don't know if just leaving the temperature reading hi if it will effect the ecu putting the car in limp mode?

Back