New Owner Here!

_Kodiak_

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! Just recently picked up an '01 Accord LX that has stayed in the family for the last ten or so years. Only has 133K on it so far and plenty of issues to be fixed, mostly cosmetic. Planning to use it as my daily, but also get into AutoCross and maybe Rally as well. First things first, fix the glaring issues, though. Definitely needs a tune up and at least a few new suspension bushings, new tie rods and motor mounts. Under the hood, it still runs like a top and shifts good (automatic), just needs a new valve cover and V-Tec solenoid gasket.

After that, my brother and I are going to do our best to repair the body damage on the right rear. He went to UTI for collision repair, so I think we'll be able to handle it. Car will eventually be repainted, don't know what color yet. Leaning towards either a Sunrise Orange or Plum Crazy Purple.

When I get a couple AutoCross events under my belt, I'll start looking at doing upgrades to make the car better starting with suspension. Probably going to start with stiffer sway bars to reduce body roll, then good coil-overs for a lower ride height and adjustable damping/rebound. At some point, I'm going to get a set of racing seats, specifically Corbeau RRB's and a 4 point cage for harnesses since I would like to do some track days at some point.

For now, I'm just happy to have it and that it still runs and drives as good as it does! I've driven it somewhat *ahem* SPIRITED around town a few times and have been impressed at how well it handles as is, but know there's room for improvement.

Back