Will the 6th gen accord go up in value?

accordBlackAgent

Reaction score
I read a stock si civic sold for $80,000 at an auction. Do you think that the 6th gen will go up in value the way old rusty Porsches did? The platform is twenty years old ans is considered an antique car by my insurance. If you keep your 6th gen then it will be one of the few gasoline cars left so from a collectors perspective it can only drive up the value.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
People in the 1960's couldn't fathom how their car's values would look 40 years later. The fact is you never know....maybe or maybe not. As safety and environmental guidelines continue to grow (and imo, overreach), who knows what the market will look like in the future for cars like this.

The bigger problem is keeping the rust away and the paint lasting. :lawl:

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
I highly doubt the 6th gen will get to the level of other Honda's of that era. In another 20-30 years I'm sure anything Si, S2k, or even clean untouched Prelude's will be pretty sought after and in demand. Accord's I'm not so sure. Going by what people pay big money for now from previous eras, coupes and manual transmissions are going to be the coveted specimens in the future.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Preludes and s2k's, sure. a mass produced sedan that has no appeal at the moment (culturally speaking) nope

Adhmuz

Reaction score
If Honda had made something special out of the USDM Accord it might be worth something, however they never did. The V6 auto wasn't a bad car, but auto... And then the 4cyl 5 speed was also not a bad car, but the engine wasn't anything special and the 5 speed was geared for economy.

It would either need to have a better 4cyl, say like the H22 with a close ration LSD manual, or possibly if the V6 had a manual along the lines of the 7th gen or newer.

However it almost feels too intentional that Honda never made a 6th gen V6 with a 6 speed, had they and had the tenacity to slap a 666 badge on it, that could have been something worth money one day, if not already.

The only special Accords were kept in Japan or Europe in the form of the Euro R and Type R.

Devin Dean

Reaction score
The sedan has almost no chance. The coupe is already hard to find in good condition. I found mine in like March 2020 with 113k. I'm doing the 6speed and importing the Type R wheels from England. I plan on holding on to her. Even if they never appreciate in value, there will always be this community. Love them for what they are: the last of the DIY 90's hondas.

Back