Up grades and need assistance figuring out misfire issues

mikehullaby

Reaction score
Have 99 accord 3.0 and put intake off of a 02 Honda Odyssey everything seems to be ok but gettin a misfire codes new plugs wires cap rotor valve cover modified the vacuum lines to make sure all lines are connected only thing haven't done was get it tuned would like coo know would that somethin I need to get done someone help plz also took to it to a couple import shops they say say everything is all good so some one plz help a brothah out
de63504b892d135e1b112e9836940476.jpg
d0ccf7c028d9f9a2bd3a959db8882ba5.jpg
750b39e1c4d2b05e6b802a89f8b854f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Devin Dean

Reaction score
I know I'm a bit late. All three temp sensors: Intake, Coolant and Fan switch should be replaced. Especially if she doesn't like starting hot (within 20 minutes of turning engine off). This almost always throws multiple misfires and could be why shop says nothing wrong. I replaced all spark plugs and checked coils and it did not fix problem. The temp sensors did. Should be under $20.

I have a 2000, the first year they went distributor-less so it could be related, but I doubt it.

Question! Did you also put the odyssey intake spacer on there? Does the hood close? I'm looking for the best (least restrictive)J-series intake manifold.

I am in the future (when I top end swap it) going to swap the return-less fuel system with the return one from J35, though you can do this with stock J30 top end.

REMEMBER: Fuel is the only system that doesn't throw codes. Once a month I use seafoam (whole bottle before refueling) just as preventative measure. Hope this helps!

619rcr

Reaction score
What do mean fuel doesn't throw codes? never heard of fuel system too lean and fuel system too rich codes?
also, long term fuel trim and short term fuel trim is one of the live data points that constantly adjusts to reach optimism afr. this is all std obd2 info that can be viewed with live data.

Back