Exhaust Recommendations

2000sedan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My exhaust system has developed a few leaks over the course of the winter, causing a check engine light with the O2 sensor. Given the state of the flex pipe and the resonator, I'd like to replace the whole system all at once, from the 90° tube with the flex pipe on it, to the muffler. I am inclined to buy a more free-flowing exhaust, but I don't want anything too loud so as to maintain the understated look and sound from the factory. I'd go for fabbing something myself, but I don't have a welder and labor can be quite expensive where I am in Michigan. Additionally, my Accord has the F23A4, and I am not particularly sure if that has any bearing on anything besides the catalytic converter.

I see that Magnaflow has a catback exhaust for the 4 cylinder Accords, but I have no clue if that would be too loud or ricy for my liking.(Pricy as well)

Thanks!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you want a full catback exhaust, having a shop weld custom piping and adding your own muffler is usually cheaper than buying an off the shelf catback system. I would plan what you're going to do, price it out vs the other options, and then save up the money to do it/get it done.

In my experience Magnaflow is more on the OEM+ side, more tone and volume, but nothing crazy. The best 6GA 4cyl catback I've heard was kn0x47's Tanabe system, but I don't think it can be found anymore. Look at the exhaust review thread for more brands/systems to potentially check out. Should give you more ideas.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The magnaflow is pretty good, not loud at all or drone to it. Wouldn't hurt to price out an ebay header, an oem 50 state cat (magnaflow) and maybe a vibrant resonator and muffler if there's a halfway decent shop around you that can bend and weld.

weewillie

Reaction score
my 1999 4 cyl A1 (not California) had same leak around flex so i bought a copy from autozone (i think) Bosal part number 53552 MGF for about $90
I wasn't an exact fit, but the connection to the manifold and to the catalytic were perfect. It was super close to the oil pan and the hanger was slightly off, but with some work, it fit.
Nothing fancy / better sound, so this reply is just if you want to replace
Be cautious with the A4. Pretty sure that's California

Hondatuner86

Reaction score
I want to go with either Borla ProXs, Magnaflow Rumble, or Flowmaster FlowFX

Last edited:

Hondatuner86

Reaction score
I think i have my exhaust setup figured out....since i have a magnaflow hi-flow cat...i might as well finish it off with the same brand muffler and glasspack resonator...not to mention bigger piping(either 2.25" or 2.5")i still haven't decided what brand header to go with

I went to the exhaust shop where i took my previous vehicles...they quoted me $190...i'm going to buy the muffler and resonator

Back