• Eibach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Progress

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_Kodiak_

Reaction score
I'm having trouble deciding which RSB to get and would appreciate some help. I've got my eyes on the Eibach 4040.312 (23mm) and Progress 62.011 (24mm). I'm just getting into autocross with my Accord and need to reduce the understeer, but don't want to go overboard in size. I'm leaning toward the Eibach bar since I know the company has a long history of quality suspension parts and I've honestly never heard of Progress. Which would be the recommended bar for good daily street manners and weekend autocrossing?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I have had a few RSB's on my V6 coupe and with a nose heavy FWD car I personally found the thicker, the better. I daily drove my Accord for many years and never felt like the Progress bar was a bad choice, made the car far more neutral and killed body roll as well.

In general the aftermarket for the 6GA was crap, mostly since there was no JDM equivalent of these cars. But there were a few standout companies that made great quality parts, and Progress is one of them. Nothing against Eibach, and 1mm won't be a huge difference if you find it for much cheaper.

Don't forget to get some good endlinks, you can bet the OEM's will not be reusable. Lots of people went with Moog, but even those let me down a couple times when changing them out with proper tools. I haven't looked for 6GA endlinks for a long time so maybe that's all there is still, but if there is something a notch up from Moogs I'd get them. Or Moogs are fine, cheap enough to not feel bad throwing them away.

I imagine you are going to, or already have done, swapped full suspension since you plan to auto-x.

_Kodiak_

Reaction score
Eventually planned to get a new suspension setup, possibly go with the less expensive Tein stuff. I actually don't want to lower it too much, I'm alright with maybe a half inch lower as long as I can still fit the wheels/tires I've got for Auto-X which are 245mm wide. Stock height, I've got no rub anywhere even at full lock, so like to keep it that way though I'd be alright with fender rolling.

Adhmuz

Reaction score
As a mid range upgrade you can try getting the rear stabilizer bar from a CL Type-S, if you live near a scrap yard that would be a nice cheap option. The factory Type-S bar is 19mm if my research is correct.

By going straight to the 23mm or 24mm bar you might create too much imbalance in the car and have to address the front bar as well to compliment it, where as the smaller upgrade might be enough to balance out the cars rear roll tendencies enough, especially once complimented by a spring and shock upgrade.

I was going to look into upgrading my rear bar back in the day but found once I had replaced the stock mushy suspension the car handled much better, although I never tracked my car, it was just a daily that I enjoyed cornering hard from time to time and pushing on sweeping on and off ramps.

Back