NO CLUTCH PRESSURE

Reaction score
Hello, recently my clutch pedal went soft on me. Installed new clutch master and slave cylinder. I have no leaks in the cylinders or clutch lines. Have been bleeding it for about 1-2 hours and still no pressure at all. Also noticed my clutch fork doesn’t engage with my pedal. (Not sure if you need to have pressure before it engages or not) really need help figuring this out. Any advice will help!

Reaction score
I did not bench bleed. However when I took out the new master cylinder to check for faults it was full of fluid

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take it off and try bench bleeding it first and yes, you'll need pressure in order for the slave to actuate the shift fork. If you cant bench bleed it, you can try vacuum bleeding the system to pull the air out at the slave cyl.

Adhmuz

Reaction score
Might be too late, but I found I was able to fully bleed the system by disconnecting the pedal itself and manually pumping the cylinder as the pedal didn't fully stroke the master.

Also I do not envy you having to change the master, just remembering this brings back nightmares, re-attaching the line to it is a real PITA, took some real small hands.

Reaction score
After taking the clutch pedal off and manually pumping the master cylinder I was able to build clutch pressure within 5 minutes. Thank you so much for the comment. Allowed me to get my car back after months of it sitting around!! I very much appreciate it as well as the other comments!!

Back