DesiKid's 01 Accord Sedan EX-L

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
It's been a long few months of time, money and sweat....but extremely happy with the way the car turned out. Paint came out absolutely wonderful and seeing the color in person is wild to me.

Originally was supposed to have the car done by August by my painter "lost" his shop the day I was supposed to drop it off. Mulled over the idea of getting a Maaco job but thought if I'm going to do something, I should do it right. Got it painted at a local shop that does really good work and had the car back by September.

Reassembly took me a couple of weeks as I had parts, clips, etc still shipping in and bits and pieces were still getting painted. Taught myself how to solder and wired in the TSX mirrors with the DRL switchbacks.
Had my headlights torn apart and resealed to fix a condensation issue, applied sound deadening to the trunk and rear seats, and finally got around to installing the backup camera I had for 2 years.

Fitting the R34 style bumper was a pain since the fitment isn't great, but I'll only run that bumper for winter....the coupe bumper is getting CF4 fogs remolded in with mesh grille inserts similar to Sonni_kuba's old CG from way back when.

All that's left now is to detail the exterior, install a vibrant resonator to quiet down this loud ass exhaust, and apply ceramic coating to the exhaust to prevent mud from sling onto it (I live on a dirt road [emoji58][emoji379]). The diffuser I'll probably put back on closer to spring.

Finally at a point where I can start saving money for an engine rebuild, standalone ECU, boomslang harness, and related swap parts for the J32 swap.

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I'd ever push the car this far when I bought it back in 2013 and lurked on these pages lol.
295d6c0bc91e0cf017b2409f8c7124cd.jpg
188d95e9987cb3c449e58e4f0fff7559.jpg
0183672618bc04d351dc9569812cef76.jpg
9f798528493229bb30a1b36dea0e8330.jpg
b0f7a8cc915d96bc08b5f0c98e4bf100.jpg
958f04ddf029a6c6423fa609217f319c.jpg
6c1a38ebe8700ef386b7751bf9aa45d0.jpg
6f03d57061fc97f3d3cbc048edcb28f8.jpg
e5b43e87657a398e021f34b58deb1de1.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Incredible transformation. You must be thrilled, your sedan is looking pristine. Very well done, I look forward to seeing it with the coupe bumper cover.

If I had to pick one thing to improve, it would be to tuck the mufflers up and in a little more. But if this is the look you were going for then nevermind!

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Yeah I love it haha. I had the mufflers dropped a bit so they don't burn the lip, that's what happened to my last rear lip with the magnaflows.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Gotcha. Maybe I've been lucky but my Magnaflows are pretty close to my OEM rear lip and it's been fine.

Must have been so exciting to get your car back looking new. I wish I had the money sitting around to restore my coupe to this level, hope to someday.

6ga burner

Reaction score
Sick ride!! Im new here, got a few questions if you don't mind helping me out:
So the bumper cover on the car is from a 01/02 coupe but fits your sedan? I am looking for a new bumper cover preferably with fog lights and can only seem to find then for coupes(I have a Japanese manufactured 2001 sedan), could this be an issue?

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Long but overdue update. Car is officially J32A2 and 6spd swapped from my CL-S donor car. Took me about 2.5 months to complete the swap from pulling the motor out of the CL, refreshing it, pulling Accord motor, and swapping in the new drivetrain.

I was able to get the IMRC fully functional as well, which most people seem to skip over. it brought back a lot of mid range torque the car so desperately needs. Still need to figure out cruise control and ABS wiring to the ECU since I'm aiming for full OEM functionality.

I think I'll hold off on supercharging the car till I get my funds back up and I want to enjoy the car in stock form albeit with less weight than when I was dailying the CL-S. I will say that although the car feels like a beast, it doesn't feel as fast as I expected. I might be slightly spoiled since my new daily is a 6spd TL Type S with the J35. Maybe I swap over to a J35A3 with my J32 heads next now that I'm comfortable doing a swap...... Next on the list is porting the manifold, TB, lower runners and painting/powder coat. The swap cost was getting out of hand quickly sincr I decided to refresh the suspension, get new axles, water pump, timing kit, etc so the engine bay doesn't look the prettiest. Oh well....this was my daily for the last decade so it's never been pristine.

Thank God for the forums even though they may seem like ghost towns. 20 years of OGs putting in work compiling a plethora of information across 6GA, AZ, and V6P has been invaluable. It's almost sad that most people have moved on, but at least there's still people benefitting from their threads.

0814231905_HDR.jpg

boshi

Reaction score
Awesome! She looks like the product of much blood, sweat, and tears.

I wouldn't know what to do without the OGs lol

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Long but overdue update. Car is officially J32A2 and 6spd swapped from my CL-S donor car. Took me about 2.5 months to complete the swap from pulling the motor out of the CL, refreshing it, pulling Accord motor, and swapping in the new drivetrain.

I was able to get the IMRC fully functional as well, which most people seem to skip over. it brought back a lot of mid range torque the car so desperately needs. Still need to figure out cruise control and ABS wiring to the ECU since I'm aiming for full OEM functionality.

I think I'll hold off on supercharging the car till I get my funds back up and I want to enjoy the car in stock form albeit with less weight than when I was dailying the CL-S. I will say that although the car feels like a beast, it doesn't feel as fast as I expected. I might be slightly spoiled since my new daily is a 6spd TL Type S with the J35. Maybe I swap over to a J35A3 with my J32 heads next now that I'm comfortable doing a swap...... Next on the list is porting the manifold, TB, lower runners and painting/powder coat. The swap cost was getting out of hand quickly sincr I decided to refresh the suspension, get new axles, water pump, timing kit, etc so the engine bay doesn't look the prettiest. Oh well....this was my daily for the last decade so it's never been pristine.

Thank God for the forums even though they may seem like ghost towns. 20 years of OGs putting in work compiling a plethora of information across 6GA, AZ, and V6P has been invaluable. It's almost sad that most people have moved on, but at least there's still people benefitting from their threads.

View attachment 8197
Congrats! So happy for you! I'm taking like 2.5 years to complete mine now lol. What's your plan on your CL then? I'm not asking for any parts, but I'm just curious, how other guys are dealing with gutted out CLs in general, when they're done with the swap.

I might have to reconsider deleting the IMRC, if I could get more mid-range haha. (But, the prob is, I don't exactly feel any loss of power in the range lol.) I used to hear about the cruise control being a bit tough to be reassembled back, but I'm sure you'll make it. It's interesting that you like to keep the ABS functional. Not so sure if that's a challenging idea, but maybe not so much, since you have a different ECU? (I just like the raw sports & Type-S theme into the Accord lol.)

Yea you should feel and enjoy the current upgrades for a while. But wait..., what? It's not as fast as you expected?? It should have a good power-weight ratio than the CL's tho.. Your TLS6 could be faster, but your Accord should be much quicker, right? Or, simply you just had a high expectation, which I'm hoping that you'll say yes lol.

Same here. Big thanks to these web forums and members. I feel like the 6th gens could have lost their courses about twenty some years ago, with fart cannons & halo lights, if there were no forums like these places.

Back