Can the RS Racing Series wing fit the 6th gen sedan?

gill1606

Reaction score
I was looking at the RS racing series trunk wing from either the 1992-1995 Civic coupe OR from the 1994-2001 Integra 2 Dr or from the 4 dr version. Will be getting the one with the light.

Anyone have any info on this? Is the 6th gen sedan's trunk comparable enough to these cars that their wings could fit.

Here are some pics:

1992-1995 Civic coupe:

M198721917.jpg

1994-2001 Integra 4 dr

F145085050.jpg

1994-2001 Integra 2 dr

F198721904.jpg

M198714284

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The potential issue here is that pointy protrusion on the spoiler where it curves over and down the back of the trunk lid. The Civic trunk lid is way different in that area with that "integrated lip" sort of shape to it, I'd say that one is out. The Integra is closer and may be a better match to either a 98-00 or 01-02 6GA sedan, not sure which you have.

The other factor is the width of the trunk lid itself and where the edges of your car are in relation to the ends of the spoiler.

iu

iu

gill1606

Reaction score
Thank you for that input! I know some have mentioned that the EK civic sedan Mugen wig fits ok on the 6GA so i was hoping maybe the RS racing series one would too. I have a 2000 Accord sedan passed down to me from my dad and has been in the family since I was a kid so its special to me.

I think the Integra wings may work out, I saw a thread where someone said they used the 1994-2001 Integra Type R wing on their 6th gen Accord Coupe 2 door and they seemed to have a good fit, but from what I read the 6GA's trunk is wider than its coupe counterpart which means these Integra wings may not work on the sedan.

What about the 7th gen's Euro R Mugen wing? Can that possibly work out for the 6th gen 2000 sedan? I do have a GREAT auto body shop near me and can get things fabricated and molded if need be.

Heres the 1994-2001 Integra Type R wing with light

591319L.jpg

Heres the 7th gen Euro R Mugen rear wing

3687431463_46da4c02ce.jpg

gill1606

Reaction score
This one is pretty good too from Wings West from their integra line up

94ACINT2DJPC-003.jpg

I might actually go with this one hopefully it lines up, and it has a 3rd brake light which for some reason I really want in the wing. Its the 2 Dr JPC spoiler

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The only person I know off the top of my head who did something like this was a member named sonni_kuba. Here is his ride thread if you haven't seen it. He used a Honda FD2 Mugen RR Replica Spoiler/Lip on this trunk lid. No brake light though.

https://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/threads/sonni_kuba-2001-mugen-j32a2-6mt-accord.46838/

I'm sure there are others who have done something like what you are looking to do. If not it may just take some pioneering on your part to find what will work for your vision. Good luck!

gill1606

Reaction score
The only person I know off the top of my head who did something like this was a member named sonni_kuba. Here is his ride thread if you haven't seen it. He used a Honda FD2 Mugen RR Replica Spoiler/Lip on this trunk lid. No brake light though.

https://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/threads/sonni_kuba-2001-mugen-j32a2-6mt-accord.46838/

I'm sure there are others who have done something like what you are looking to do. If not it may just take some pioneering on your part to find what will work for your vision. Good luck!

Oh wow that is badass. i have actually shared this person's car on a blog/thread I post on occasionally but didnt know the owner's name. I am definitely going with one of the RS Racing Series wings, either the 4 Dr or 2 Dr version, whichever one is longer. I can have a body shop fab the lower pointy lip so it doesnt interfere with the taillight, or just maybe help it fit the trunk shape a little better.

I dont mind if it doesnt cover exact length of the trunk, just have to be as close as possible. Its a shame the 6th gen sedan doesn't have many options for rear spoilers, and we have to go into other models like the Integra and Civic. The CH Accord Type R has a wing, but I don't like the mounting for it.

Would you happen to know which has the longer trunk from the 1994-2001 Integra, the sedan or the coupe?

Thank you for your help!!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The 6GA did not have a JDM counterpart like some other Accords, so the aftermarket suffered greatly. There aren't many cool things for these cars, you either have to custom fab or use parts from other Honda/Acura models. These cars can look really good with the right mods though.

I don't know anything about Integras. You could try going on an Integra forum and asking a sedan owner and coupe owner to measure their trunks. Or if you could find those cars locally at a used car lot or something you could measure them there. Probably tough to do that though. Or maybe there's one at a local junkyard, never know.

gill1606

Reaction score
Yeah did some searching and found out that the sedan trunk is wider as some Integra owners put a coupe spoiler on their sedans and it comes up slightly short. Meaning the sedan wing is longer, so I'll order the 4 dr RS racing series wing and hope for the best.

Here's the thread on the Integra forums: https://www.team-integra.net/threads/coupe-spoiler-on-sedan.57757/

Oh so thats why, its cause theres no JDM counterpart, well its still not too bad and still do-able. Yeah I noticed that the USDM was the only market not to get a Type R or Euro R Accord, we do have those extremely badass V6 ones though, love seeing those on the road. But no DOHC VTEC 4 cylinders for the CG 6th gen, while the EDM and JDM had one the CH and CL 6th gen Accords.

Last edited:
Back