• 155,xxx miles

EXTERIOR__/

• B92P Nighthawk Black Pearl
  • DDM Tuning 4500K 9006 Ultra HID
  • LED Amber Front Marker & Signal Bulbs
  • LED Amber Rear Signal Bulbs
  • LED Brake/Tail Light Bulbs
  • LED License Plate Bulb
  • JDM Amber BB6 Sidemarkers (UNINSTALLED)

INTERIOR__/

• OEM Grey Leather
  • OEM Burlnut Wood Accent Trim
  • Broadway 300mm Covex Mirror w/ Blue Tint
  • "Weathered Leather" Scentsy Car Bar
  • JDMAstar LED Courtesy Light Bulbs
  • COB LED Dome Light Board (W.I.P.)
  • JDMAstar LED Maplight Bulbs
  • LED Clock Bulb
  • LED HVAC Control Bulbs
  • JDMAstar LED Cargo Light Bulb

AUDIO/ELECTRONICS__/

• OEM 6 Disc
  • SIRIUS (In Progress)

SUSPENSION/WHEELS__/

• OEM 2006 Civic Si Coupe Wheels 17x7 +45............................[[RETIRED]]
  • OEM 2001 EXV6 Sedan Wheels 15x6.5 +55 | 205/65/15 Michelin Primacy MXV4
  • Factory Rated/Suggested Pads

FUTURE PLANS__/

• Magnaflow #15640 SS Cat-back
  • OEM(ish) Fog Lights
  • MICTUNING Dual Color LED Fog Light Bulbs
  • WeatherTech(Or similar) In-Channel Window Visors
  • 15% Tint (May need rear vinyl strip as well..)
  • OEM Acura MDX Wood/Perforated Leather Steering Wheel (**MAYBE**)
  • OEM All Season Floor Mats
  • Projector retrofit of some sort (LOL)
  • FULL LED Tail Lights (**MAYBE**)
  • Grey Leather Coupe Headrests
  • OEM Honda Key
  • Different OEM WHEELS (???)
  • Detail / "Buff and Cut" to clean up orange peel and overspray
  • Neuspeed Front Upper Strut Brace [[RETIRED???]]

[[[PICS COMING SOON]]]

Well...

Here we are. Again. Lol. Where to do I start? The coupe is....around. The pinch welds have been rotting and rusting away for several years and despite some telling me "They can be replace/saved!"...I don't think so. It also needs a windshield and Im pretty sure anywhere from 1-3 of the hubs are making god awful noises. She still runs and drives and if I want to, I can take her for a rip around the block but I've since moved plates to the sedan and have dropped insurance to theft/weather only. My plan was, and is currently, to move as much as I can from the coupe TO the sedan. So, lets talk about THAT.

I haven't settled on a name yet but I think I like "Michele". Picked it up from a local guy who's been doing body work for 40+ years and has recently turned to flips.

As stated, it's a 2001 EX V6 sedan in Nighthawk Black Pearl(I believe..lol). Bone stock with the exception of the above listed mods/future plans. It was in a "no airbag" front end (as was my coupe) but this one is a LITTLE worse, lol. No major damage but the hood, fenders, bumper, and associated supports don't line up PERFECTLY and there's quite a bit of orange peel and overspray.
Shes definitely a 10-footer.

Front bumper is aftermarket as are the headlights. Everything else checks out though. It needs an AC compressor and the power steering pump is whining. And it didn't come with a fob or OEM Honda key. I've since programmed one of my old fobs to it and I may or may not get an OEM key for it. AC compressor is in-hand, awaiting install and I'll deal with the PS pump in the near future as well.

It has the usual SRS light on. Haven't addressed that issue but as well all know its most likely a buckle. It runs and drives very well though. Lol.

I'm the third owner, it only has 155k and i picked it up for $3000.

As mentioned, my plans are to move over as much as possible from the coupe. Either completely or just switching. So far, its been switching. I'm even going to take both to a shop and have the exhausts swapped as the Magnaflows will fit the sedan as well.
Oh, and the passenger side seat moves forward and backwards but the recline part doesn't work. I'm guessing bad motor??

All-in-all, not a bad car. Rough around the edges with a decent sized list of things needed but aside from the AC and PS; nothing major I can't tackle myself. The tires on the coupe are 6 months old but they're cheapies meant to get by. Tires on the sedan are bangin' MXV4 but they're several years old. Not sure if I wanna swap wheels or keep them. For now, I'll probably leave them.

I'm also slowly learning, not only about the 6GA again but also, about the differences between coupes and sedans. My coupe came with 16" wheels; sedan is 15s. Coupe has 4 brake/tail lights; sedan only has 2. The inner lights on the sedan aren't even a big 7440/3157 bulb, they're a tiny 194. Sedan also only has 1 tag light to the coupes 2. When swapping the intake I felt like I had to force it in but that may be something else entirely. Older (4GA) coupes had problems with the window keepers..my coupe is fine but my sedan has a little wind noise. OH--and the outer trim and inner door seals have been banged up (I'm assuming from theft attempts).

So that's pretty much it. Debating flushing all fluids as I believe the car sat for some time between the last "owner" and the guy I bought it from doing anything with it. Probably wouldn't hurt.
Seeing as how this is the sedan MRT i won't go too much into the coupe's going-ons here. You'll have to hop over to that MRT for that update there.

Stay tuned for updates as often as I can and for pics once I remember how to upload them and edit posts. :ohsnap:

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Well, it’s been one week and:

A. No comments on this thread yet.

B. I have updates! Lol.

•Left side “chrome” trim needs replaced. Honda calls it the “drip molding”…whatever. Hit up a semi-local junkyard and not only practiced removing it, and the clips, but also picked one up, and it’s clips, so now I can replace that.
•Thought the compressor was pooched so I picked up a replacement, and a drier, and headed to my local repair facility. Long story short, compressor was fine, seals were toast. Replaced seals. Then found the block on the compressor was warped. No matter what was done or what seals were put in, it wouldn’t hold pressure so had to get a new one of those. Well, it turns out, on the fly, you can’t get that manifold without buying the entire compressor. Now I have to return the compressor I bought. It’ll be 6/6 by the time that’s (hopefully) done.
•Picked up a sedan cargo net, and hooks, at the junkyard as well. It’s already been hand washed and air dried and is awaiting install. ***That’s another odd sedan difference. My coupe net won’t work in my sedan.***
•The rear gold “H” and V6 badges both have a nice patina about them and I’m missing the “Accord” completely. Picked up replacement chrome H’s for the rear and hopefully for the front as well. Will move my V6 badge over from the coupe and maybe the Accord badge as well. Debating just picking up a new, replacement chrome set altogether. :shrug:
•Coupe had OEM jack and tools but the OEM jack in the Mrs car was pooched so I tossed the coupes in her car. Sedan came with a jack (I think..) and no tools..? I can’t remember. Either way, I picked up the jack tools but no actual jack. THOSE THINGS ARE HARD AF TO FIND IN A JUNKYARD!! Now on the lookout for an OEM, or equivalent, jack.
•OEM key is on my list. Found a cool one with a red H I might pick up and have cut/programmed. Programmed one of the coupes fobs to the sedan but I found another one at the junkyard so now it can have its own fob.

That’s about it for now. Next major thing on my list is the whining PS pump and swapping exhausts. Kinda mad the OEM sedan wheels are 15s versus the 16s on the coupe. Civic wheels are on the Mrs Camry. Kinda wanna move them to the sedan but I don’t think they’ll clear the caliper brackets without a grind and the tires are 2017. Coupe wheels are okay and tires are brand new but they’re poopy “get ya by” tires that I didn’t intend to run for a long period of time. I’m not sure what I’ll do. Probably just run everything as-is for now and either cross that bridge when I get there or keep an eye out for some cool Honda/Acura wheels in the meantime.

Still need pics but that requires either Photobucket or a PC. :coffee:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Eyyyyy. I've been meaning to comment but wanted to actually read everything and digest it before I provided an informed response, lol. But congrats on the new 6GA, it's nice when coupes and sedans are based of each other, easier to know the car and swap stuff between. Anyway having 4 doors is great, just makes some things easier.

I bet a good shop could cut off the bad pinch welds on your coupe, and weld on new ones? I get it though, sometimes some things seem like too much of a hassle. Just a thought I had.

I used to use the Scentsy weathered leather fresheners, now I just Griott's leather cleaner & conditioner which has the same smell. Even if I had a car with cloth interior, I don't think I'd want a car interior smelling like anything else lol. Most everything else smells like a highschooler wearing too much cologne anyway.

I support the idea of other OEM wheels. I just got my brother in law to put 10GA Accord 19's on his 2G TSX, looks sweet. I was going to get a set of those for our Odyssey but for some reason it's different than most other Honda's and has 5x120. :rolleyes: Anyway I always felt 17's or 18's were the sweet spot for the 6GA Accord.

What are the color changing fog lights? RGB? Or just switch between white and yellow lighting?

Looking forward to pics. :)

Mikey

Reaction score
Compressor issue cannot be remedied immediately with simple purchases so I’ve decided to rob parts from the coupe. It’s tough but I **HAVE** to move on from that car and I can’t afford, financially or emotionally(lol), to keep both. Dropped the coupe off at the shop this afternoon and hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow I’ll have working AC in the sedan. I’ve also tasked them with swapping the exhausts. Usually such a job, especially when you can’t put a car on a lift, would be scoffed at or turned down. I’m hoping they’ll do neither and hook me up.

Eyyyyy. I've been meaning to comment but wanted to actually read everything and digest it before I provided an informed response, lol. But congrats on the new 6GA, it's nice when coupes and sedans are based of each other, easier to know the car and swap stuff between. Anyway having 4 doors is great, just makes some things easier.

I bet a good shop could cut off the bad pinch welds on your coupe, and weld on new ones? I get it though, sometimes some things seem like too much of a hassle. Just a thought I had.

I used to use the Scentsy weathered leather fresheners, now I just Griott's leather cleaner & conditioner which has the same smell. Even if I had a car with cloth interior, I don't think I'd want a car interior smelling like anything else lol. Most everything else smells like a highschooler wearing too much cologne anyway.

I support the idea of other OEM wheels. I just got my brother in law to put 10GA Accord 19's on his 2G TSX, looks sweet. I was going to get a set of those for our Odyssey but for some reason it's different than most other Honda's and has 5x120. :rolleyes: Anyway I always felt 17's or 18's were the sweet spot for the 6GA Accord.

What are the color changing fog lights? RGB? Or just switch between white and yellow lighting?

Looking forward to pics. :)
Yeah, Odys are 5x120; it’s weird.

So far I haven’t NEEDED the 4 doors BUT I’ve had a coupe, why not try out a sedan, lol. I have noticed the “entry port” or “door hole” is smaller than the coupe. I guess I knew that I just never experienced it.

I’d like to think that welding on new pinch welds was possible but SOO much of undercarriage right there is crumbling, i don’t think that would be either possible or wise.

I love my weathered leather. I go back and forth between it and the “Sprite” scented Spencer. The leather is different, too. In the coupe it has a grainy, dare I say “beveled” feel about it. In the sedan it’s very sorta squeaky and smooth and I slide on it more, lol. Definitely want to try and take better care of this one than I did my coupe. Might start by “servicing” the leather, lol.

I love my Si wheels but right now they kinda belong to the Mrs, lol. I like the “fat 5” sedan wheels I’m just not in love with the fact that they’re 15s. Keeping my eyes open for nice take-offs or a set F/S.

The fogs are LED and switch between yellow and white when powered ON or OFF. I feel I was able to see better with the yellow than the white. I have to get fogs for the sedan first and then try them out.

I’ve posted a pic or 2 on Facebook and I think even in instagram. There’s always that…

twofast4u

Reaction score
Glad to see an OG still keeping up with the scene. Really wish we were all close by still, but it is what it is. I've seen some pics on FB or IG....hard to distinguish nowadays lol. Either way, super happy to see a post on here lol

Mikey

Reaction score
Glad to see an OG still keeping up with the scene. Really wish we were all close by still, but it is what it is. I've seen some pics on FB or IG....hard to distinguish nowadays lol. Either way, super happy to see a post on here lol
My tail light brother from another mother! Lol. IDK that I’d say “keeping up with the scene” as I didn’t intentionally go searching for a 6GA, I just kinda stumbled upon and the timing was right.

SOO more news. Compressor swapped over to this car. AC works. For the most part. Lol. Apparently some fins on the condenser are bent (not surprised as this car was in a front end smack) so the AC works but it’s slow when idling. Could take the one out of the coupe but at this point I’ve been without my car for a week and they’re talking another couple hundred bucks. They got the exhaust swapped over as well so I’ll take those as a win.

On a…strange(?) note, when I dropped the coupe off and explained the whole “exact same car” thing and told them what was wrong with it and that I was getting rid of it, apparently it piqued the interest of one of their guys and this guy wants to talk to me and possibly buy it off me. It needs a windshield, no longer has working AC, has at least one bad wheel bearing and the pinch welds are rusted out. BUT if he wants to give me what I want for it, more power to him.
I just didn’t expect to drop the thing off and possibly end up selling it.

Mikey

Reaction score
Picked up a bit of an overheat issue. When AC is on it heats up quick. Without the AC it’ll heat up but I can usually combat it by turning the heat on. Which sucks when it’s 100°F outside. At least it’s breezy.
Fans kick in with the AC. Picked up a jug o’ Asian blue and managed about half or so right in the radiator. Ran it for about 15min and topped off as needed. Surge tank was empty but I’ll keep an eye on it in the coming days.
Removed crappy gold badges and replaced with chrome ones from the coupe. Removed damaged chrome molding trim and replaced with new. Next up is probably gonna be the inner rubber door seal(s) and installing an OEM TL strut bar; both of which I’ll do in the next couple of days.
Dude at that shop said he’d buy the coupe off me AND swap the steering wheels for me. I’m probably going to take him up on the deal.
Have more pics. Have a laptop. Just need to sit down and do this shit. :coffee:

Mikey

Reaction score
Well, as of this posting I can edit all posts in this thread EXCEPT the first one, lol.

So I'll just dump all my pics here and edit it later. IF that becomes a possibility.

First day I got her...

0248DE19-E44C-410B-A740-F926EEA2CB0F.jpg

Got her home...

IMG_0593.HEIC

Doin work already.
Old center controls were unsightly...

IMG_7287.HEIC

Swapped in controls from coupe...

IMG_7290.HEIC

Already takin the bumper off. Forgot what I was doing...

IMG_0014.HEIC

Found an OEM HONDA sedan cargo net at the pick-n-pull...

IMG_0229.HEIC

Swapped exhaust over...

IMG_0219(1).HEIC

Swapped emblems over...

IMG_0237.HEIC

***SIDE SHOT***

IMG_0221(1).HEIC

Chrome Trim BEFORE...

IMG_0222.HEIC

Chrome Trim AFTER...

IMG_0226.HEIC

Inside rubber door trim BEFORE...

IMG_0227.HEIC

Inside rubber door trim AFTER...

IMG_0249.HEIC

Acura TL strut tower bar and AEM V2 CAI INSTALLED...

IMG_0260.HEIC

Mikey

Reaction score
Poured about half a jug of Asian blue in the rad. Seems to have remedied the overheat issue. Condenser has some damaged fins so the AC works but not fantastic. Next in my list is getting that replaced and moving my Sirius into this car and getting all my things out of the coupe and ready to sell it.

Mikey

Reaction score
Overheating issue was the radiator. Replaced that. So AC has the old compressor from my coupe and a new condenser and dryer.

Coupe had OEM rubber mats; they carried over. As did the RDX wood wheel.

Still on the lookout for grey leather coupe headrests, OEM wheels, roof spoiler, in-channel visors, decent retro, OEM fogs, LED tails, lips, and new/replacement lug nuts. Still have to install my SIRIUS. Debating an aftermarket touchscreen radio that has Bluetooth. Kinda getting tired of plugging my phone in every time.

Looking at a decent LED conversion kit as the odometer has a burnt bulb as does the shift selector. Kinda also wanna look into doing a coupe cluster swap cuz I miss my orange needles, lol. Thought about trying to swap them but the last time I tried that I pooched a cluster.

Drove to KC the other day for a junkyard run in hopes to find TSX mirrors, TL RSB, and some wheels. Only ended up with a decent sunburn. Also getting random e-brake light(probably a switch going bad) and I got the same CEL (Bank 1 lean) a couple times on my trip as well. SRS light is also on but that’s a buckle issue. Will see if Honda will replace the buckle(s) and I’ll keep an eye on the other 2 lights.

Nothing much going on other than just looking for stuff. Suspension *IS* in the back of my mind but I feel like lowering my coupe is what caused the pinch welds to blow out and I don’t want that happening to this car as well so I’m not in the fence for the time being.

Back