David's 98 LX Sedan

Hondatuner86

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just purchased this 3 days ago after my previous vehicle which was an 04 Maxima got totaled 2 months ago after a plow truck ran the light and hit me....this will be my daily driver until I get something I really want

Engine:
2.3L SOHC VTEC F23A1
Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat

Future Plans:
Tint, Exhaust, Intake, Rear Disc Conversion, LEDs, 17 or 18s, Upgraded Sound System, Black Headlights, 00-01 Rear Conversion and Red/Clear Taillights

20220518_193311.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sorry about your Maxima, hope no one was hurt. The paint looks to be in good condition for the age on your Accord? Manual or auto?

Hondatuner86

Reaction score
Thanks...I had a cracked rib but healed...state of Illinois is getting sued....the paint is ok except for fading in some spots...minor rust on the driver side rear wheel well and end of the hood...Auto...I wanted a manual or V6 but the prices were ridiculous with high miles and the manuals are hard to find...it currently has 140k

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Oof, that's rough man. Good luck with everything!

Oh ok, yea that condition sounds pretty normal for these cars. Unfortunately Honda used bad materials in the rear wheel arches that absorbed moisture and rust on those areas is super common. Speaking from experience, if you plan to keep the car long term I'd address that sooner than later.

Used car prices are so ridiculous, there are cars being advertised at levels they have no business being in. My wife and I were going to get another vehicle in which we could haul our whole family but now holding off until things aren't as dumb.

Hondatuner86

Reaction score
Thanks...I'll definitely do so...the previous owner took good care of it....new ignition lock cylinder with programmed keys, valve cover, throttle body and intake manifold gaskets....i had an 01 Maxima before the 04 and it was rusted on both wheel wheels and the radiator support then the rocker panels

Last edited:

Hondatuner86

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just purchased this 3 days ago after my previous vehicle which was an 04 Maxima got totaled 2 months ago after a plow truck ran the light and hit me....this will be my daily driver until I get something I really want

Engine:
2.3L SOHC VTEC F23A1
Spectre Short Ram Intake
Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat

Audio/Electronics:
OEM CD/Cassette Player
Alpine SPE-6090 Speakers(Rear Deck)

Future Plans:
Tint, Exhaust, Rear Disc Conversion, LEDs, 17 or 18s, Upgraded Sound System, Black Headlights, 00-01 Rear Conversion and Red/Clear Taillights

View attachment 8073

Last edited:
Back