Rusted brake lines!

cl206

Reaction score
So recently I just replaced the high pressure steering hose bc that was leaking and now I noticed my brake fluid is leaking and it turns out the hard main lines from the front proportion valve to the rear brakes (not sure left or right) are rusted and leaking. Those 2 little lines share a runway (covered by that black plastic track) with 3 fuels lines (5/16") and they also look corroded. So I will be replacing those as well. The joys of owning a 209xxx miles, 2000 3.0L 2 DR lol. I've ordered the hard lines for the fuel lines from linestogo, a canadian company and the SS flexible brake lines (blue PVC coated ones) from ebay. Wish me luck!

cl206

Reaction score
All done! Took most of Thanksgiving day, a little Friday and some Saturday but here is the result:
https://imgur.com/a/QPeVUZB

-I wasn't 100% done in the video. I need to put back the metal bracket in the rear. It didn't fit so I had to flatten out the metal harness and then zip tie the plastic track to it but everything is quite secure. Just did a test drive for about 30 miles, all good!
-New fuel lines (vapor, supply and return all from a canadian company called linestogo)
-blue flexible SS rear lines from Ebay

The brake fluid is now absolutely brand spanking new.
It would appear that a couple of the fuel lines are discontinued by honda and I suspect that those lines are probably never meant to be changed during the lifetime of the car for most people.

Accord lives on.....

-Charlie

cl206

Reaction score
Update: so yeah turns out the P1456 for me IS the gas cap. I cleared the code with my own scanner and then for about 20 miles the code never returned Sat night but the scanner showed a yellow light, indicating a pending cycle (system not completely done running all its checks). This sunday morning the car was driven for about 10 more miles and the CEL never returned and the scanner showed all green. Bet!

For anyone reading the code means there is some kind of EVAP leak near the fuel tank which is located near the back of the car. from my limited research, it could be the gas cap (loose or damaged), charcoal canister or the fuel pressure sensor (I'm not so sure if we even have a fuel pressure sensor lol). I had gotten the OTHER code P1457 a few years ago and changed out the charcoal canister and that fixed the code for me.

Hopefully no more codes show up for a WHILE! Ironically I had just passed NY state inspection the day before (on Friday haha).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haha yeah needed a little more distance and the next rung on the steel is too much so I used that flip flop just to temporarily hold that plastic bracket up. Works great and all good now except a P1456 came up but I think it is the gas cap.

Last edited:
Back