Mikey's 2001 Sedan EX

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Is that a red V6 badge on the back? If so you are now required to 6spd manual swap! :D jk

I kind of liked the gold badges on the car with it being black. I don't see a gold Accord badge from the before pics, I imagine that is hard to find now.

Mikey

Reaction score
Is that a red V6 badge on the back? If so you are now required to 6spd manual swap! :D jk

I kind of liked the gold badges on the car with it being black. I don't see a gold Accord badge from the before pics, I imagine that is hard to find now.
Red badge carried over from the coupe. I think I got it sometime after visiting Richies :Big Laugh:
So the coupe came with gold badges but I replaced them with silver ones because they were pitted and worn. The only badge the sedan had was the ACCORD badge on the back and it was in the wrong place. The gold badges are either SUPER expensive or really hard to get. Plus, while the gold is kind of classy, the silver sorta updates the look.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Just went through this thread thoroughly, and I'm so glad to see you up here! Seems like the car is pretty solid w/o big headaches to restore. Have fun swapping / resto-modin' the whip!

Mikey

Reaction score
Sirius radio in, quit working, replaced, and installed again, lol. I had been running a cassette to audio adapter to my phone, which I may still but the cassette keeps stopping and like resetting. Gonna look into a new adapter and hope it’s not the radio.

Rear visor on and also got AVS in-channel visors

Also maybe thinking about trying to get an 0102 ex v6 coupe speedo in my sedan. There’s a seller on eBay will set them, I just need to decide if I want to spend the money on it or not.

STILL can’t find grey coupe leather headrests and STILL can’t find a decent set of TL wheels locally. Other than a new windshield, replacing the PS pump, and plugs/coils those are the only things really on my list. Still need to figure out the passenger seat and clean the seatbelt buckles (hopefully to get rid of the SRS light) but the car functions fine in the mean time.

497FF1A5-2322-432A-91B0-2E18470E46CB.jpeg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I used the cassette tape to ipod/phone method for a long time, sound was a lot better than an FM transmitter haha. Not to mention more reliable.

Which rear visor did you go with?

Mikey

Reaction score
I used the cassette tape to ipod/phone method for a long time, sound was a lot better than an FM transmitter haha. Not to mention more reliable.

Which rear visor did you go with?
I tried one of those FM transmitters once and it was trash. I don’t particularly enjoy having to plug my phone whenever I wanna listen to MY music (which is why I take the GF’s car a lot :emotions33:…) but it works and as you mentioned, the sound quality is still pretty decent.

Pic for reference on the window spoiler. Not *quite* the one I wanted but it works.

The more and more I look at it, I’m pretty sure the previous owner replaced the hood with a coupe hood. It fits but it overhangs how I imagine the coupe hood does on a sedan. Still on the lookout for a black coupe bumper anyway.

Also debating LED tails. They’re still red/clear but they’re inverted from the 0102 tails and I like the white in the bottom. Again, just something I have to decide if I want to spend the money on.

5277E0D1-D96C-46F6-A7A3-88494B661156.jpeg

Mikey

Reaction score
Is that made by Spoiler King?
Uhhhh…. No idea, lol. I’m gonna say probably not. It’s smaller than I expected but I think the trunk spoiler takes away from it some. Getting a wingless truck *should* make it a little more pronounced IMO.

Hopped out this morning and my brake lights were stuck on. Sure enough, plastic pieces on the floor. Picked up a grommet from AutoZone for $8 and fixed it.

Other than that, no new updates. Hit up a MASSIVE semi-local JY last week in hopes of finding headrests, wingless trunk, or coupe bumper and I came up empty handed. Saw a number of TLs and debated picking up a RSB but didn’t.

Mikey

Reaction score
Absolutely hate that the 0102 V6 sedans got 15s while the other V6s got 16s…

Anyway, OEM specs for the 15s are 205/65/15; that size sucks and I couldn’t find anything decent in that size so I went with a 205/60/15 General Altimax RT43. Good reviews for a nice, middle-of-the-road A/S and they were on sale. Still looking for a set of either Civic Si wheels or TL wheels but they’re either overpriced or beat to shit. If/when I do, I’ll probably shoot for Continentals as always.

Otherwise nothing really happening. Current mileage is 161,336. Still can’t edit OP but I imagine I just need a PC for that. Clock bulb burnt out. New one(s) on the way. Thinking about getting something with Bluetooth, maybe an ATOTO F7. Don’t really drive it at night much but when I do I can definitely tell these are aftermarket headlights. The HIDs I have are bright but the aim on the assemblies is junk and I can’t get them to move anymore. OH! Found grey coupe headrests but they’re noticeably darker than the seats. There are pieces of trim the same darker color so I may just run with it for now. Next big purchases will hopefully be black coupe bumper, black wingless trunk lid, under glow :lol: and *MAYBE* some sort of different headlight. IDK. ✌

boshi

Reaction score
I posted in DesiKid's thread, but I just got some Grom Audio Bluetooth unit that plugs into the back of the OEM radio. Amazing sound quality and retains all stock button functions for spotify.

Would you guys go HIDs or LEDs now?

Back